Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2018, 01:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDrax View Post
FWIW, I have the red cone and it’s silent.

Yea- I liked my red cone. I destroyed it taking apart for “maintenance “. They sent me a black which made horrendous noise when wet. They then sent me a white. It’s about time for maintenance again so I will see what the condition is like.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:48 PM   #22

I have an update for everyone!!
After applying a small amount of lithium grease up inside my trailer coupler only (ball coupler), the creaking and poping sound has vanished! Went camping past couple of days and it was totally silent. Made sure not to get grease on the cone etc. The lithium grease sticks better and is more heat resistant. No more creaking at the campground lol. So it appears that the little movements up and down and rocking causes some friction on the ball. I recommend anyone who has the Andersen WDH to inspect inside their coupler to see any wear marks towards the back part (towards trailer). The tension chains pull the TV and ball towards to back part. Makes sense as the ball and coupler will pivot upward from pulling force exerted by the tension chains. Cheers!!
Johnhowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 12:03 AM   #23

Noise in the Andersen WDH, August 2022. Four years after the above thread. FOR A 2022 HITCH, IS CLEANING THE LINER STILL A USEFUL FIX?

What are you folks seeing lately?

I bought a new Andersen 3 months ago, and after about 2000 miles it started creaking. Driving through campgrounds, on turns, going straight- it sounded like it was ready to break. Andersen suggested: 1) making 'nylon' washers to fit between the red elastomer spring and the black tube and 2) replacing the ball & friction material assembly. They sent the replacement ball assembly (looked new). I made the washers, and exchanged the ball assembly. For few miles, great; after 300 miles it's louder than before. As of today, Andersen has no new suggestions for me.

I've found old YouTubes that show dismantling the ball assembly and cleaning the friction liner. Looked like the old black liner.

I have a 26ft Microlite, 6400lbs loaded, ~950lb tongue weight.

Thanks- we're on the road, and it's painful to listen to.
TruckeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 01:49 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckeeGuy View Post
Noise in the Andersen WDH, August 2022. Four years after the above thread. FOR A 2022 HITCH, IS CLEANING THE LINER STILL A USEFUL FIX?

What are you folks seeing lately?

I bought a new Andersen 3 months ago, and after about 2000 miles it started creaking. Driving through campgrounds, on turns, going straight- it sounded like it was ready to break. Andersen suggested: 1) making 'nylon' washers to fit between the red elastomer spring and the black tube and 2) replacing the ball & friction material assembly. They sent the replacement ball assembly (looked new). I made the washers, and exchanged the ball assembly. For few miles, great; after 300 miles it's louder than before. As of today, Andersen has no new suggestions for me.

I've found old YouTubes that show dismantling the ball assembly and cleaning the friction liner. Looked like the old black liner.

I have a 26ft Microlite, 6400lbs loaded, ~950lb tongue weight.

Thanks- we're on the road, and it's painful to listen to.
Since this thread has been inactive for 4 years and the the OP has never posted again since then, I suggest that you PM the OP and see if they are still active.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 06:39 AM   #25

I would just start a new thread.
nutdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 09:34 AM   #26

Anderson had issues with the black liner- especially after it got wet. I thought I was going to wake the whole campground!

Get the white liner from them-which will give you an opportunity to clean both surfaces.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote