Old 03-30-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
Anderson Weight Distributing Hitch

Has anyone had any experience with the Anderson hitch system. It seems pretty cool, Andersen 'No-Sway' Weight Distribution Hitch

Looks like they have a wide range of loading. I am pulling a Rockwood M190xr behind an Xterra and need a little lift and sway control.

Powderpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:55 PM   #2
I have one on my 13 Ram,pulling a 08 Outback.Have about 1000 TW and like the hitch alot. Have pulled mountains out west and the flat lands around here.Very easy to set up and no noise. If we weren't getting a 5er I would still use it and recomend it very highly.

DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #3
Cant speak for the no sway but can attest to their Ultimate Fifth Wheel hitch. Great unit, does all claimed so I would have no issue trying the no sway if the need arose.
Now-2014 Sierra 346RETS 5er BUB
Then-2002 Keystone Springdale 286RLDS TT

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:24 PM   #4
We have one also 2005 explorer pulling a 195BH. like others have said its quiet and also easy to put on and take off. It does control sway really well and also does well with the weight, we didnt need it to move much weight anyway. we looked at the 4 point equalizer hitch but the anderson weighed less and for my situation the less it weighed the better. would recommend it also.
jawga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:53 PM   #5
Lots of reviews on and the The Andersen WD Hitch User Thread - Airstream Forums Biggest issue is weight transfer. It has trouble transferring weight back to the front of the TV with heavy tongue weights.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:59 AM   #6
Incheon, S. Korea
I'm one of those that questions the loads that are placed on the coupler bolt by this hitch system. A lot of people like them, though.
As an engineer, the forces I visualize are tremendous, and those coupler bolts aren't grade 8 bolts, trust me...
Me, Julie, Lil' Barry, Faith, and OSDs, Fang and Treaty
2003 Hyundai Starex (H1), 2012 Coachmen Clipper 126
I don't know when we'll be able to go camping again...
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #7
ok so question. a coupler is rated for 5000 lbs and each chain on the andersen hitch is putting 2000 lbs of force on the hitch continuosly. at what point does that exceed that hitch rating assuming the hitch has to handle a jarring weight of a 5000 lbs trailer moving forward with velocity and has to stop on the pawl inside the hitch. because the 5000 lbs trailer should be producing a force greater than 5000 lbs because of the trailer moving forward even if it is a short distance. same thought as a 12 lbs hammer sitting on a board does not make an indention but the same hammer dropped just a little distance could produce an indention depending on how soft the wood is. just curious on thise thoughts

jawga is offline   Reply With Quote

hitch, weight