Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109Rrider View Post
Lucy, you are correct about how traction and stability controls work however the OP question was in regards to a limited slip differential vice an open differential on a new Dodge Ram. An lsd, posi, anti spin diff..... what ever you call it does one thing, applies equal torque to both wheels all the time but will allow some slip to compensate for different wheels speeds while turning.
Agree, I just got to technical on it - Bad habit.
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #22

Personally, I prefer LS diffs whether 4x4 or not. Thats because, like others have said, I probably run in 2 wheel 99% of the time. I have one truck now, a 97 f150 4x4 with no limited slip. For most days not towing and in snowy conditions or even gravel roads, its terrible. Always spinning in two wheel drive. Anytime I look for a vehicle now, I look for LS. As for towing though, it has never been a problem without, mainly because I never tow in poor conditions. I have a friend who is a mechanic and a rancher who hauls a lot of cattle. I forget what his reason was, but he said he does not like LS diffs for towing. He said those diffs don't last nearly as long. This was based on vehicles from probably the 80's and 90's, so maybe they are better now. But for me, I like LS diffs.
saskrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags