Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2015, 06:14 PM   #21

Thanks John!! Bottoming out is my concern, well, that and unloading it off the bottom of the ramp. The thought of dumping the bike makes me cringe. I have a removable front wheel chock that mounts over the wheels and e-track on the front, middle, and rear for the straps.
slapshot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot12 View Post
John, any issues loading the bike in the toy hauler? I'm prepping for a trip to NC in 2 weeks and getting the bike ('15 Limited) in the trailer (WnP 30WLA) is a bit of a concern due to the angle of the ramp. Sorry for the off topic reply.
My $0.02 - Always load and unload the bike before you level the trailer. Raise the front as high as possible to lower the back of the trailer and reduce the angle of the ramp. When your front wheel is a couple feet up the ramp and your rear wheel is still on the ground your feet will not reach the ground so I used 2X6 boards about 4 feet long on either side so I could walk the bike slowly up the ramp. Same boards were used to level the trailer. When unloading, leave the engine off, but put the transmission in 1st gear. Now your clutch is a rear wheel brake and you still have the normal front brake - no sliding backwards down the ramp (especially a wet one) and a lot less stress on the rider.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:24 PM   #23

Thanks davey, that was my plan actually. Good point on the clutch when unloading. I'm going to play around with it this weekend.
slapshot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #24

FWIW I looked at a 42' TH yesterday... it was a 2015 bla bla bla... I specifically looked at it to see the weight..... 20,000 gross.... too much for me
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, f350, fifth wheel, wheel