Old 04-17-2008, 07:03 AM   #11
Super-Duper Member
My neighbor pulls his Layton 26' with his Tahoe and has no problems.

Check your tires. Most of the tires on Tahoe's are NOT LT rated tires (They are passenger car tires for a softer ride). He said that when he upgraded to the stiffer sidewall LT tire, the truck didn't "wallow" (his words) any more.

ReedMan , Wife , Three Kids 2x 1x
2002 Flagstaff 25LB (Triple Bunks!)
2001 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 1500 LT Sport Side
ReedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:56 AM   #12
Question? If the Tahoe has a factory tow pakage, should it come with the proper tires? My Suburban has 10 ply tires on it ( load rated "E" ) for up to 10,000 lbs.

rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:06 AM   #13
i appreciate all of the input, hopefully when it comes down to it i will make the right choice on what camper i get. if not ill be making REALLY short trips, which most of our trips will be under 500 miles anyways. im going to look at a new 2701ss next weekend, maybe they will let me try pulling it down the road before i actually buy it. im not too concerned with the tahoe actually pulling it though... my main concern is the sway. seeing how ive NEVER pulled a camper before i dont need the added stress of a camper swaying all over the road. tires are something i need to look into since the tahoe has some really cheap passenger "hankook dynapro" tires at the moment. anyone have any suggestions for good tires on a tv? im also planning to swap out the intake + exhaust to get a lil extra horsepower (im hoping). i was going to to one of the performance chips but ive hear a lot of ppl say it doesnt help much on gas engines... plus the tahoe already has the tow/haul button on the steering column, which from my understanding does about the same thing a chip will do while towing?
sijc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #14
Grape Escape
I think you should be fine

I have no issues pulling our trailer as long as you are reasonable, stay within the limit (no more than 60 MPH) and not drive as if you are driving a sports car. I am amazed at the idots flying by me on the highways pulling all sorts of rigs. Sooner rather than latter they will be in an accident.

2008 Cardinal 30RKLE 5th wheel sold
2006 Rockwood 2607, 2001 Traillite
55 nights 2009, 53 for 2010
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote