Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 34
anyone used an iBall hitch camera??

I travel alot alone and was considering this camera for hitching. Anyone tried one?

iBall - $149.95, Free US & CDN Shipping, Factory Direct - Wireless Trailer Hitch Camera
__________________

__________________
melissa16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa16 View Post
I travel alot alone and was considering this camera for hitching. Anyone tried one?

iBall - $149.95, Free US & CDN Shipping, Factory Direct - Wireless Trailer Hitch Camera
I used a mirror on our tt and the 5er. Don't use it on our 5er anymore now that I have hitched quite a few times.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Resident Masshole
 
force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 433
Nah, I'm a fan of the backup, get out and check, back up more, get out and check, pull ahead and realign, back up again, get out and check, back up a little more...there, got it method. Works almost every time, and it's free.

Joking aside, my new truck has a backup camera and now I get it right nearly every time the first try, so it's a very practical feature.

What I like about the unit you linked to is that you could quickly move it to your camper bumper and use it for backing into your spot or driveway or whatever.
__________________
Tom F.
2013 GMC 2500HD SLT Crew Cab
2013 Rockwood Roo 23SS
Nights camped in 2014: 8
Nights camped in 2013: 30
force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Indymule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 503
Not familiar with the iball camera but I do use a portable camera.

I have the swift hitch. I like it because I can not only use it to hook up
I can also attach it to the bumper of the trailer and help see when backing without a spotter.

I have used it to also help me get the trailer on the leveling blocks when by myself....

Very helpful device and we call it the marriage saver ( no more yelling )
__________________
Jay & Maria - Camp Dogs Jackson & Joplin
2015 Rockwood 2604WS Emerald
Hensley Arrow hitch
2015 Ford F350 Crewcab Lariat Diesel
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
the-the-the- The GRINCH!
 
DaGrinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western MD
Posts: 1,245
Sweet! Go for it!
I love the camera on the tailgate of my Armada. DW calls me a smarta$$ now that I back and hitch up without her yelling at me.

Larry
__________________

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
Member
 
psaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa16 View Post
I travel alot alone and was considering this camera for hitching. Anyone tried one?

iBall - $149.95, Free US & CDN Shipping, Factory Direct - Wireless Trailer Hitch Camera
Yes, my wife bought it for me (us) and it works well enough. My only complaint is that on our truck, the screen gets snowy with the engine running, but I can still see well enough to hitch up.
__________________

2012 Freedom Express 295 RLDS
2011 Ford F-150 Texas Edition
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
psaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western Penna.
Posts: 68
i ball camera

have used it for two years now. and works good. have it in reverse mode, to use it better for me. got mine at amazon.
__________________
2OLDDIGGERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Batts-toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indymule View Post
Not familiar with the iball camera but I do use a portable camera.

I have the swift hitch. I like it because I can not only use it to hook up
I can also attach it to the bumper of the trailer and help see when backing without a spotter.

I have used it to also help me get the trailer on the leveling blocks when by myself....

Very helpful device and we call it the marriage saver ( no more yelling )
All your points well taken, I just jumped over to EBay and ordered one for $99.00 with free shipping should have it in 2 or 3 days. My Tundra has a camera in the tail gate so I will use this on the TT bumper.
__________________
Dale & Terri, Lulu & Tiki (our Chihuahua's), New rescue puppy Prince - Pom/Pug mix.
2013 Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7, TRD Off-Road, 4X4, Full Tow Package
2013 Wildwood T26TBSS - Sold
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 34
I read a review that said if your car is bluetooth enabled that causes snow. Not sure if you can disable it while you hook up

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaman View Post
Yes, my wife bought it for me (us) and it works well enough. My only complaint is that on our truck, the screen gets snowy with the engine running, but I can still see well enough to hitch up.
__________________
melissa16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 34
I feel better now. My hubby swears I can't ground guide worth a darn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Sweet! Go for it!
I love the camera on the tailgate of my Armada. DW calls me a smarta$$ now that I back and hitch up without her yelling at me.

Larry
__________________

__________________
melissa16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hitch

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.