Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2018, 01:20 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
kbirkenfeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Adair, Oklahoma
Posts: 9
Anyone w/Ram Ecodiesels towing a Micro-lite or Mini-lite?

I just recently took delivery of a Flagstaff 25BRDS Micro-lite and went on our first getaway with it. I'm using a 2015 Ram Laramie Ecodiesel to tow with. I'm just looking for some feedback from owners who have an Ecodiesel that tow Mico-lites and Mini-lites. As well do you have a GDE tuner and how does it perform?
__________________

__________________
2018 Flagstaff Microlite 25BRDS
Fastway E2 Hitch 10,000LBS
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Ecodiesel
kbirkenfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Posts: 2,925
The biggest issue with those RAM trucks is their payload. Most are very low and your trailer is going to have a pretty high tongue weight.
__________________

__________________
2017 Coachmen 233RBS
2018 Ford F150 Lariat
"Common sense is not very common"
babock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:40 PM   #3
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 17,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
The biggest issue with those RAM trucks is their payload. Most are very low and your trailer is going to have a pretty high tongue weight.
x2!
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:34 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Posts: 2,925
The guy that owns the UPS store I get my packages delivered to has a 2011 Ram 4 door and his payload is 1050#. He tows a small 18' trailer currently. My guess is that it is as large as he can tow.
__________________
2017 Coachmen 233RBS
2018 Ford F150 Lariat
"Common sense is not very common"
babock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:31 PM   #5
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 17,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
The guy that owns the UPS store I get my packages delivered to has a 2011 Ram 4 door and his payload is 1050#. He tows a small 18' trailer currently. My guess is that it is as large as he can tow.
The OP is asking about the Ram Ecodiesel, which wasn't around in 2011.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:31 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Posts: 2,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The OP is asking about the Ram Ecodiesel, which wasn't around in 2011.
It's indicative of the RAM chassis in general. Poor payload.
__________________
2017 Coachmen 233RBS
2018 Ford F150 Lariat
"Common sense is not very common"
babock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:39 PM   #7
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 17,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
It's indicative of the RAM chassis in general. Poor payload.
True that, except Dodge supposedly improved that in their 2019 lineup.
I hope they have.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:37 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Posts: 2,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
True that, except Dodge supposedly improved that in their 2019 lineup.
I hope they have.
I haven't looked at them yet. Proof is going to the dealer and looking at ones on their lot.

Have a friend with a 17 RAM 1500 who wants to get a 1/2T towable 5th wheel. I suggested he look at his payload first. Was just under 1500#
__________________
2017 Coachmen 233RBS
2018 Ford F150 Lariat
"Common sense is not very common"
babock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #9
Chris and Cecil
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Fleahop, Alabama
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbirkenfeld View Post
I just recently took delivery of a Flagstaff 25BRDS Micro-lite and went on our first getaway with it. I'm using a 2015 Ram Laramie Ecodiesel to tow with. I'm just looking for some feedback from owners who have an Ecodiesel that tow Mico-lites and Mini-lites. As well do you have a GDE tuner and how does it perform?
We have a 2017 EcoDiesel 1500 and tow a 2018 25FKS microlite if 5000+lbs with zero issues. Great mileage towing, 11-12 mpg. We did have to adjust hitch height from the Silverado we had. The Chevy did not pull the tt as well as the Ram according to my DH.
__________________
Dentist said I needed a crown.
I was, like, I know!

2018 Flagstaff Microlite 25FKS
2017 Dodge Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Alabama Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:39 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 31
Ecodiesel great for Micro Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Potter View Post
We have a 2017 EcoDiesel 1500 and tow a 2018 25FKS microlite if 5000+lbs with zero issues. Great mileage towing, 11-12 mpg. We did have to adjust hitch height from the Silverado we had. The Chevy did not pull the tt as well as the Ram according to my DH.
X2
We have the same setup and the GDE tune. Have about 7k miles towing so far including mountains. No issues.
__________________

morganrc1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
diesel, lite, towing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.