Old 06-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #11
I had to have a flat bed in the truck with hitch gone. Easy to remove and allows me full use of truck. Go for it

farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #12
Originally Posted by wingriders View Post
That order of tightening the companion hitch onto the square post is backwards. Tighten the single bolt on the top to 40 ft/lbs and the the 4 nuts on the ubolts is next and torqued to 80 ft/lbs. I put this hitch into my truck this spring and am very happy with it as it is a lot quieter than what I had previously.
Thanks for catching that. I think I go back to the instructions most times to see which order. You're right.

From the B&W instructions:
Originally Posted by B&W Instructions
Place the RV Base over the RV post so that the U-bolts wrap around the RV post. (PIC E) Then place a 1⁄2” washer (K) on the 1⁄2” x 3” draw-down bolt (D), insert the bolt through the hole in the top flange of the RV base and hand-thread the draw-down bolt into the RV Post. **NOTE: DO NOT lubricate the draw down bolt or U- bolts, the torque value is for dry threads. Square the RV base legs with the ribs of the truck bed and then tighten the 1⁄2” x 3” draw-down bolt to 40 ft-lb. Next, tighten the two u-bolts to 80 ft-lb. to secure the RV Base to the RV Post. It is very important that the draw-down bolt is tightened before the U-bolts are tightened. When the RV Base is installed correctly, the RV Post should have a 1⁄4” to 1” gap between the RV Post and the RV Base where the draw-down bolt attaches.(PIC F) Also, you should not be able to disengage the latch pin in the wheel well when the base is installed correctly.

2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #13
Mod free 5er
Think I'll stick with my Reese and pull 4 pins and deal with the rails if I need the bed. They sure don't take up much room.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #14
I have one and love it. I use the truck for other things and like the flat bed. I have never had a problem hooking or unhooking as I have herd other people talk about. Easy to remove without help. Base unit does not slide on spray in bed liner. But that is good. The 18k rating for safety factor is not bad also.
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #15
B&W here also ! I just started towing with a 5er and this setup was already in the TV I bought so this is all I have experience with. No complaints at all

Having A Ball is offline   Reply With Quote