Old 09-08-2015, 09:56 PM   #1

B&W Patriot 16K -- 6.5' Bed -- Lippert 1716 Pin Box

I know this is pretty specific, but I'm looking for folks with this combination. I'm interested in clearance issues, or lack thereof. I currently use a Pullrite, but its a little unruly to get in and out of the truck. I also have one of the first ISR models and it requires a fair amount of maintenance to keep it functioning at its prime - otherwise it gets clunky.

Anyway, I have a 365SAQ with a Lippert 1716 pinbox, soon to be upgraded to a Trailair (pn: 155933), and my tow vehicle is a 2010 Chevy 2500HD D/A CC 6.5' bed. I'm trying to find someone with actual experience with this or very similar setup and I'd like to hear about what has worked and what hasn't. I do frequent some tight campgrounds, though most don't require me to approach 90 degrees. If my Pullrite setup is as good as it gets than it is what it is, but I'm interested in those who have been there and seen the good and bad first hand. Thanks!

Nights Camped in 2015 -- 40
Nights Camped in 2016 -- 26
cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:11 PM   #2

I have a shortbox and I don't have a slider. Never had one and I've never felt the need for one. I do watch when I back up but I guess that's something that you should do anyways. I've been to some places that have the sites at right angles to a fairly narrow road and haven't had any trouble. B&W makes good hitches and I can't imagine any way to make them any easier to operate. I use the B&W Companion.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:41 AM   #3

I have a 365saq with 1621 pin box, 2014 f350 6.5 foot bed, I do not have a b and w but a curt 20k non slide, no issues anywhere I've been, with cab or bed rail clearance, I have 7 inches between bed rails and 5er

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-09-2015, 12:43 AM   #4

I have a 365saq with 1621 pin box, 2014 f350 6.5 foot bed, I do not have a b and w but a curt 20k non slide, no issues anywhere I've been, with cab or bed rail clearance, I have 7 inches between bed rails and 5er.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-09-2015, 07:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast murray View Post
I have a shortbox and I don't have a slider. Never had one and I've never felt the need for one. I do watch when I back up but I guess that's something that you should do anyways. I've been to some places that have the sites at right angles to a fairly narrow road and haven't had any trouble. B&W makes good hitches and I can't imagine any way to make them any easier to operate. I use the B&W Companion.

When I built my bed I integrated the B&W turnover ball to the frame because after researching, the B&W "Flatbed Companion hitch" would work best for my setup, and also allow me to pull my gooseneck trailer.

There is a point to this, my clearance from the center of hitch to back of welder is 35", that's tight.

After checking turning radius I can't quite make 90 degrees however, I'm so close the axles are getting sideways. Shouldn't be turning that tight anyway.

The B&W has NO clucking, fits tight as a glove, we love it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00825.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	345.7 KB
ID:	88187   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00823.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	505.5 KB
ID:	88188  
Dodge 3500 6.4 Hemi
DavidAndDonna is offline   Reply With Quote