Old 08-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #21
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by archham View Post
I have found that you have to basically have the TV and TT in a straight line to get the bars off when un-hooking. If not lined up, one of the bars will not come out (the "inside" bar). Are other WD hitches this way?
not sure how you are unhooking yours but i've unhooked mine at nearly 90 degrees. the site in my signature pic requires me to be almost 90 degrees to park it and unhook.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #22

Are you using the Equalizer? I generally raise the rig with the jack to take the pressure off the bars, remove the pins, and they ease right off the brackets. If not straight they will not come off and I have to force them off with the lever that came with it.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #23
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by archham View Post
Are you using the Equalizer? I generally raise the rig with the jack to take the pressure off the bars, remove the pins, and they ease right off the brackets. If not straight they will not come off and I have to force them off with the lever that came with it.
yes, i have the Equal-i-zer and i usually have a 4x4 under the jack so i can raise the tongue up even more. i also installed the Ultra-Fab 3500 with the adjustable foot to do the same without using a block.
i think you may need to raise the tongue higher to release the pressure off the inside bar.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #24

As stated above, raise the tongue higher and you will notice that the back of the truck will left, that's ok the more pressure that is taken off of the spring bars the easier it is to release them and safer and the same with reinstalling them. In any case always stand to the side facing the back of the truck that way your legs are clear....It hurts if there is too much tension and you are in the wrong possition and use both hands.....
Old 08-11-2009, 08:28 AM   #25

Thanks to both, I have been raising the tongue up to the point that the truck was being lifted as well, maybe not enough though. Will play around with it some more.