Old 03-24-2016, 07:57 AM   #11

I don't think Blue Ox intentionally misrepresented the product. A human employe made a mistake by listing your vehicle as comparable. They are offering to do the right thing. Take them up on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-24-2016, 04:02 PM   #12

I would take the factory up on their offer. I think you can rent a dolly from "U-Haul". If not, the a trailer or have the DW drive. I tow a 2007 Malibu with a Blu Ox setup and it's a great combo.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair View Post
If you take the car to Blue OX they will fab and install the Base Plate at no cost to you. I would take the drive and have them settle with the shop for there work that they did. Its a lot better than messing with the tow dolly. They also have an RV park at the factory while you car is being worked on at not charge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
X's 2 instead of buying one...
X3 you are Fulltimers - besides, you know you have always wanted to visit Nebraska....

Go to U-Haul, get a dolly, hook up and enjoy the drive to NE for your free custom installed base plate
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:48 PM   #14
7 Year Class A RV'er

Don't jump too fast. Last time GM pushed sales on a vehicle to MH owners based on it being flat towable (Chevy Cruze) all was well for about six months. That was when GM decided to issue a TSB saying that flat towing the vehicle would void the warranty! Sorry for your troubles, but that's why I'm so up on the Jeep Wrangler.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:02 PM   #15

Blue Ox

I remember when I purchased my 2012 Fiat Abarth for use as a toad behind my class C. They did not have one built for it yet. They told me if I drove it to Nebraska they would build one free of charge. From California it was not worth it. I instead bought a Roadmaster and used their adapter for my Blue Ox tow bar. Works perfect.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:18 PM   #16
Gold Miner At Heart

First as suggested I would double check on the warranty issue first. Then if you want to make the trip; go for it and check ahead to see if they will reimburse you for driving out. I use to use a tow dolly and it wasn't that big of deal. But, I wasn't full timing either.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psomaki View Post
Really sorry at all you're being put through. Since Blue Ox clearly misrepresented their product both to the general public and to the dealer/garage to whom they sold the inappropriate unit, I'd guess they have a legal obligation to do more than just offer to "build one" if you'll make a long, potentially expensive trip. Two thoughts - first, at least they should be willing to refund your money and pay whatever it takes to put your new car back in original condition. You might then consider a different manufacturer. I see Roadmaster (we love our Roadmaster flat tow equipment) offers four different kits for four different 2016 Malibus, but not for all Malibus. Or, Blue Ox should pay ALL your expenses (and I mean all) to drive to Nebraska for them to fabricate a plate. They might resist discharging their responsibility, but chances are good that you could sue them and win. What a shame to have to put up with all this though. Best of luck!
Sue?
Really?
The manufacturer made a perfectly reasonable offer!

So many television and billboard ads just prove that we have too many attorneys in this country, attempting to fabricate any case for their own monetary gain. Must be working, many have joined their cause.

I would also make a road trip out of this opportunity, as many others have stated.
(Rant over. I will now step away from my soapbox.)
Travel safe
Old 03-24-2016, 06:28 PM   #18

Bad Experience with buying a new TOAD and base plate!!! Buyer beware!!

Lol.
Really!!??! Sue them? For what!!

Give your head a shake.

They made a very generous offer.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 03-24-2016, 07:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair View Post
If you take the car to Blue OX they will fab and install the Base Plate at no cost to you. I would take the drive and have them settle with the shop for there work that they did. Its a lot better than messing with the tow dolly. They also have an RV park at the factory while you car is being worked on at not charge.
Blue OX is an awesome company they will correct the problem you have. I was always satisfied withe their products. I hope they help you out and fix the problem you have.
Happy full timing.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:28 PM   #20

Let us know if you go to Blue Ox to get the base plate made. I also have a 2016 Malibu and was going to get the Blue Ox base plate as I forgot to get the one that was installed on my 2014 Malibu.. Their site says that they have the save part numbers, but obviously they made a mistake..

Let us know what the out come..

Thanks,
Bruce
El Paso, TX

Tags
toad