Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2016, 06:43 PM   #21
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
Don't jump too fast. Last time GM pushed sales on a vehicle to MH owners based on it being flat towable (Chevy Cruze) all was well for about six months. That was when GM decided to issue a TSB saying that flat towing the vehicle would void the warranty! Sorry for your troubles, but that's why I'm so up on the Jeep Wrangler.
I would not jump to that conclusion as i have a friend of mine towing one and no issues even with GM. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:02 PM   #22
7 Year Class A RV'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
I would not jump to that conclusion as i have a friend of mine towing one and no issues even with GM. Later RJD
Not jumping fast at all. Check their TSBs. My son's in laws turned their Cruze back in for a full refund when the TSB was issued. Lots of folks quite upset!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:49 PM   #23

Nebraska sounds like a good trip to me. Go for you are full time, have you ever visited Nebraska?
tomrob1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:39 AM   #24

UPDATE!!

Hello Everyone,

I thought I would give you an update on my situation.

After spending days doing more research and calling around talking to dealers about tow dolly's, I finally made the decision to bite the bullet and get a Kar Katty SS. I went to a dealer who had one in stock and looked it over. We agreed on a price of $2700 plus tax.

Needless to say I was still trying to get over the sticker shock so I decided to think it over some more and told the sales guy I would call him the next day. So I slept on it and called the guy back the next day and he had changed the price to 3000. I reminded him of the price the day before but he denied ever saying that. So I thanked him politely and hung up.

I then emailed Blue Ox and exchanged info with Linda. She sent me on to Patricia who I called and she has set me up to bring my car to the plant in Pender, NE in a few weeks to have the plate put on at no cost!!!

They will do all the labor - at no cost to me!
They will provide the plate - at no cost to me!
They will give me a 25% discount on the wiring harness for the lights and install it - at no cost to me!
They will give me a new Avanta tow bar - at no cost to me!!
They will let me upgrade the tow bar to their newest model for only $100 which is the difference between the Avanta and the new one.
They are letting us stay in their RV park - at no cost to me!
They are lending us a company car with unlimited miles for the 3 or 4 days we will be there.

Is this a deal or what??????

Well, I think it is!!!!

I was really hesitant about going with a tow bar after having used the Blue Ox system for four years! Now I'm glad that salesman screwed the deal up. He did me a favor.

The only cost I'm out is for food and fuel to go from Texas to Nebraska. I was gonna spend that anyway.

So, you guys were right. The best deal was to go to Blue Ox and "getter-done"!! lol!!!

Thanks to everyone for your feedback and guidance!!!

Take Care!!!!
retiredchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredchief View Post
Hello Everyone,

I thought I would give you an update on my situation.

After spending days doing more research and calling around talking to dealers about tow dolly's, I finally made the decision to bite the bullet and get a Kar Katty SS. I went to a dealer who had one in stock and looked it over. We agreed on a price of $2700 plus tax.

Needless to say I was still trying to get over the sticker shock so I decided to think it over some more and told the sales guy I would call him the next day. So I slept on it and called the guy back the next day and he had changed the price to 3000. I reminded him of the price the day before but he denied ever saying that. So I thanked him politely and hung up.

I then emailed Blue Ox and exchanged info with Linda. She sent me on to Patricia who I called and she has set me up to bring my car to the plant in Pender, NE in a few weeks to have the plate put on at no cost!!!

They will do all the labor - at no cost to me!
They will provide the plate - at no cost to me!
They will give me a 25% discount on the wiring harness for the lights and install it - at no cost to me!
They will give me a new Avanta tow bar - at no cost to me!!
They will let me upgrade the tow bar to their newest model for only $100 which is the difference between the Avanta and the new one.
They are letting us stay in their RV park - at no cost to me!
They are lending us a company car with unlimited miles for the 3 or 4 days we will be there.

Is this a deal or what??????

Well, I think it is!!!!

I was really hesitant about going with a tow bar after having used the Blue Ox system for four years! Now I'm glad that salesman screwed the deal up. He did me a favor.

The only cost I'm out is for food and fuel to go from Texas to Nebraska. I was gonna spend that anyway.

So, you guys were right. The best deal was to go to Blue Ox and "getter-done"!! lol!!!

Thanks to everyone for your feedback and guidance!!!

Take Care!!!!
I'm happy hear you decided to go to Blu OX they are great people I enjoy their product and never had any issues.
Happy travel.
Cheers
ervinglobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 06:25 PM   #26

Great news!
Glad you didn't take the others advice, and sue!

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS

Tags
toad