Old 08-24-2015, 05:26 AM   #21
Site Team
I have the Reese revolution also. Took out my slider mechanism as I don't need it anymore.

2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:31 AM   #22
I'm using the Reese Titan 16k slider.

this site has some info for you

but there are tons of sites which offer comparisons.

2009 Heartland Sundance 31.5 XLT bunkhouse
2013 Ford F150 XTR ECOBOOST

"Of the troops - For the troops "
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:03 AM   #23
2006 Dodge Megacab 6 foot box, Sabre Silohette, Pullrite Auto-slider

Like mentioned above, spend $$$$$ on a 5th, then cheap out on the hitch hoping that you never tag the truck/trailer? Could with one contact easily cover the cost of repairs VS the cost of my Pullrite....

Works all the time, every time. Have only had to 90* once or twice, but never worried about the truck and trailer contacting. Easy hook up too - back in and just before pin box/hitch contact, double check height and adjust trailer nose if necessary, then back in and hitch locks automatically.

Just my $0.02 (Canadian funds - exchange rate will apply )

jcrayford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:34 AM   #24
Site Team
I wanted the pullrite when I got my 2010 wildcat but they said it was not available for my 08 tundra 6.5' bed. I have seen them mounted in same truck as mine. ???
So I got the manual slider hitch, and never needed it. Only drawback to pullrite I see is weight. It seems way heavy for the limitations of a halfton's payload.
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:48 AM   #25
Superglide Pullrite 18K. At the moment it's the first 5th wheel hitch I've owned. I really like it and have already seen it's benefit. Only con is the weight. But it just lives in the back of my truck. I only use my truck for towing so it doesn't need to come out.
2015 Palomino Puma Unleashed 351-THSS 37' Toyhauler
2013 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 Kodiak Brown Metallic w/18k Superglide hitch and Air Lift rear air ride

"Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -Jerry Reed
Pauls Toy Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #26
Super glide for sale

We have downsized to a tag along trailer and have a very good Super glide #3000 for sale here in Northern California. It was installed on our 2006 Silverado HD 2500, I have all the pcs. works like a charm. Let me know if you are interested.
Burk e-mail
Burk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #27
i have an F250 SD, 6'8" bed with Pull Rite 15K Super Glide with ISR mounting rails. This fits perfect in this truck with enough clearance under a Truxedo roll-up cover to also allow for a carpet cover. Having a cover had kept the hitch clean and dry when I am not pulling the camper. This is a great sliding hitch that enables me to turn 90 degrees with a 40' camper.
10Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:13 AM   #28
Aging Junior Member
Thumbs up

I have the B&W Companion Slider in our F250 Super Duty with 6 1/2 foot bed. Love it. Great quality hitch. Wasn't sure we'd need the slider, but it has come in handy several times. Straight on, we can open the tail gate and have clearance to the 5er for hooking up, but if you need to go at an angle the B&W easily slides back to give you the extra room. Easy to hook up, clearly visible locking jaws and locking arm make it certain you are locked in. Another bonus with the B&W is that you can take the hitch out easily and leave a clean bed when not in use. I highly recommend it.
Jeff95814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:27 AM   #29
Best 5th Wheel Hitch For 6 1/2 Bed Truck

Sorry for seeing this so late, but I would strongly recommend that you look at a gooseneck hitch by B&W. That's what I got installed and a gooseneck box by Reese to replace the fifth wheel tongue. This way you can flip the ball in the bed when you don't tow and you have a clean box.
You don't have to remove that 300lbs hitch.

I would never consider a regular fifth wheel hitch after having this set up.

Just my opinion.

There are other gooseneck adapters out there, but I know that the gooseneck box by Reese is approved by Lippert.
Joe O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:43 AM   #30

So much great information! I really appreicate the insight!

kmcook is offline   Reply With Quote

5th wheel, bed, hitch, truck, wheel