Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriaBeck View Post
LOL, thanks! I wasn't thinking about the propane tanks being too close. The spacing on the holes must not be at a uniform 120 degrees either.

Looks like I'll be doing the same thing here in a week or 2 hopefully!
Correct
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:39 AM   #22

When I picked up the new camper the factory installed tongue jack broke and a replacement was installed. Now, the replacement, while still able to do the job is making some disturbing noises. I'm looking to get a higher capacity jack.

Sorry, for bringing up this old post but it's the one that was suggested during the sites search.

Is the Husky still the way to go?
Pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:46 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
When I picked up the new camper the factory installed tongue jack broke and a replacement was installed. Now, the replacement, while still able to do the job is making some disturbing noises. I'm looking to get a higher capacity jack.

Sorry, for bringing up this old post but it's the one that was suggested during the sites search.

Is the Husky still the way to go?
Since it's unclear the specific model you have, I vote for the Husky models. I installed it on my Roo and it was easy to install and works flawlessly. Mine was the 4000# model.
hack522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:38 AM   #24

I've read a lot of good reviews on the Husky jacks. With that said, their newest model with the remote fob for operation has recently had a couple of negative review. Seems the jack will go to max up or down on its own. In one case the owner was standing there and watched it happen. Lots of thoughts on why - fob in pocket getting button pushed, garage door opener, etc. So far I haven't seen a firm resolution. This discussion is currently running on the Airstream forum.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 01:00 PM   #25

I replaced my tongue jack early this summer and went with a husky. This one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

I really like it. Just having the automatic stops at highest and lowest points is more of a plus then I would have thought. Nice to just let the jack rise up until the motor turns off without thinking about it.
Old 09-27-2021, 01:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
I've read a lot of good reviews on the Husky jacks. With that said, their newest model with the remote fob for operation has recently had a couple of negative review. Seems the jack will go to max up or down on its own. In one case the owner was standing there and watched it happen. Lots of thoughts on why - fob in pocket getting button pushed, garage door opener, etc. So far I haven't seen a firm resolution. This discussion is currently running on the Airstream forum.
I have the remote fob and never had any issue.
hack522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:17 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hack522 View Post
Since it's unclear the specific model you have, I vote for the Husky models. I installed it on my Roo and it was easy to install and works flawlessly. Mine was the 4000# model.
Apologies, I didn't think there was much variety with the Forest River lineup. I've the Lippert. It's mounted to a 2021 19FBRS with a tongue weight of a bit over 800 pounds.
Pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:31 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hack522 View Post
I have the remote fob and never had any issue.
I'm just the messenger. Here's a link to the thread. Guy reporting that it goes up by itself starts at post #7. https://www.airforums.com/forums/f45...ck-227492.html
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:30 PM   #29
Jayhawker

Made in USA tongue jack.

My choice is BARKER tongue jacks. They are MADE IN USA and have excellent customer service if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	263719  

Tags
electric