Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2019, 09:53 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,279
Best electric tongue jack

So is it the big dog or the husky ? been researching and leaning toward the husky 4500 . but the big dog is coming up on the radar
__________________

MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 427
My personal thoughts are most tongue jacks are in same realm of quality it would come down to amenities and ease of use when no battery power
__________________

moose074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:18 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Chief T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 549
I can't recall the brand, but there are some with a bubble level included.
__________________
2017 Tracer Air 206
2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 6.2l
Days camped 2017: 7
Days camped 2018: 15
Days camped 2019: 4 (4 more booked)
Chief T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:20 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Fluffywhitedogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Burlington, ON
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
I can't recall the brand, but there are some with a bubble level included.


My Barker has that...
__________________
Carmen and the pack
2015 Coachmen Clipper 17BH
2017 Dodge Durango Citadel 5.7 Hemi
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:20 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
I can't recall the brand, but there are some with a bubble level included.
a bubble level on the jack is not as important as the jack it's self , don't you think ? i husky comes witha 2 yr warranty and has great reviews the big dog has a 5 yr and decent reviews . does anyone have either of these that might have first hand experience
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:45 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Fluffywhitedogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Burlington, ON
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
a bubble level on the jack is not as important as the jack it's self , don't you think ? i husky comes witha 2 yr warranty and has great reviews the big dog has a 5 yr and decent reviews . does anyone have either of these that might have first hand experience


Just sayin’ what brand, because someone mentioned it. Def not that important. Good luck in your search!
__________________
Carmen and the pack
2015 Coachmen Clipper 17BH
2017 Dodge Durango Citadel 5.7 Hemi
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:56 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffywhitedogs View Post
Just sayin’ what brand, because someone mentioned it. Def not that important. Good luck in your search!
all that i have looked at come with a bubble level
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:36 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
dmdomokos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 306
Is it Bigdog or Bulldog? I have a Bulldog, and it works, but always sounds like it's struggling. I got the 3500 and my trailer is 7000 lbs loaded.
__________________
2016 Rockwood 2702WS
2016 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 4x4 High Country
dmdomokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:08 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdomokos View Post
Is it Bigdog or Bulldog? I have a Bulldog, and it works, but always sounds like it's struggling. I got the 3500 and my trailer is 7000 lbs loaded.
Yea you're correct bull dog . i ended up ordering the husky 4500 lbs with the ball screw . bull dog i could not find over 4000 . the reviews on the husky were the best
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:10 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
dmdomokos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Yea you're correct bull dog . i ended up ordering the husky 4500 lbs with the ball screw . bull dog i could not find over 4000 . the reviews on the husky were the best
Good move, I wouldn't buy another Bulldog after owning this one.
__________________

__________________
2016 Rockwood 2702WS
2016 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 4x4 High Country
dmdomokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
electric

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.