Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2015, 08:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Seems like there wasn't any way this guy was gonna win.
X2
rzrnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:13 PM   #22

OK ...so the problem was we were being hijacked!!!!

We're waiting for AAA that we had already called (with a $250 quote to haul TV (free) & TT ($$) because we don't have the RV policy I will now be checking out ...thanks HankPac) and are on the phone with Progressive (will haul TT free due to our coverage) and our mechanic back home (great guy period, researching how to get us out of this bind) when wild child tow truck driver pulls up (not AAA driver) and tries to haul us off to his friend's garage where we would likely have been held captive for mucho dinero.....

This TV is new to us & one DIESEL gas tank was full, other close to empty ...going uphill and on the one close to empty caused a burp in the flow of gas I guess leaving us with an empty filter .... can you tell I am not a mechanic folks???? But I now know that if AAA were to show up with gas (they do not provide roadside mechanic) I can fix this issue (that will hopefully never happen again)

I was thankful to be on our way .... but I did not appreciate this tow truck driver attempting to hauls us away when we had said no, no , no ... while trying to carry on our phone conversations with insurance and mechanic ..... we had no agreed upon price so he was fortunate we could pay him ....

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 05:08 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I don't see where there's a problem here. I think the guy did you a favor and you owe him thanks.

I just don't understand how some peoples' minds work.

Bruce
The problem was the tow truck driver knew how to fix it yet he was going to tow them for $125 and then let his buddy take them for who knows how much. It is obvious he was going to take them for a ride. When he figured out it was not going to work he fixed it and settled for less money. All this while he was not called by them.

I just don't understand how some peoples' minds work.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 05:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyBug View Post
I live in Brevard County. This could of happened in any county. At least the tow truck driver assisted you. He could have just left you floundering on the side of the road. Be thankful for small mercies. Brevard is a great place to live, but as in anywhere, there's good and bad.
I believe they were very smart in how they handled it. Anybody that would have let and uninvited, pushy, not listening person like that take them and there vehicle is asking for trouble. And I really don't believe any of these nay-sayers would have let him tow them either.

These days it could have been a very bad situation not only $$$ but could have been life threatening.

I was stuck on I77 with my truck and camper. I called the HP and they gave me names to call for a tow. I felt a lot safer and the price was reasonable.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:11 AM   #25

Cmon. Give the tow truck driver a break. It was a " Hail Mary" guess at the reason the truck died.
It worked... If putting fuel in the filter had not worked, then what.
Everyone was lucky...

Most people here know how to purge air on their fuel filters?

The driver got them on their way.

2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
Old 09-23-2015, 08:08 AM   #26

When you have a Diesel truck and drive/ride in one, please get in the habit of saying and thinking Diesel Fuel.

By using the term of 'gas', there may/will be a day that someone will put 'gas' in your truck and the results will not be good.

I apologize if I am sounding picky, but writing 'gas' and saying 'gas', does change the parameters of the conversation and you will/may get a different answer and result than what you want/need to any question or statement.

Be proud of your Smoker.....

IF this post seems out of order, please have it deleted.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:20 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
When you have a Diesel truck and drive/ride in one, please get in the habit of saying and thinking Diesel Fuel.

By using the term of 'gas', there may/will be a day that someone will put 'gas' in your truck and the results will not be good.

I apologize if I am sounding picky, but writing 'gas' and saying 'gas', does change the parameters of the conversation and you will/may get a different answer and result than what you want/need to any question or statement.

Be proud of your Smoker.....

IF this post seems out of order, please have it deleted.

Big X2!!

2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
Old 09-23-2015, 09:11 AM   #28

X3
rzrnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:01 AM   #29
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
On some diesel fuel systems just fill'n the filter wouldn't be enough to get the rig going again.....a lot need to also have to bleed the injectors to displace the air now in system.....some diesel fuel filters have a hand pump on them, some you can simply turn key to on and lift pump will refuel filter.....this is why have'n an owner's manual on board is kinda important.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:42 PM   #30

Thanks to all of you who understand we did not call this guy or ask for help ....we were on the phone taking care of that ...

Guess he did not put gas in our filter! See I can learn something new everyday .... it was fuel he put in our filter (I hope!).

And we inherited this truck ....anyone got an owners manual for a 1996 Diesel F250 lying around that they don't want? Our only other truck was a 2004 GAS F150 that did not have a tow package just before this one (& I am a girl that has never had a truck) so forgive me for saying diesel gas ;-) please

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:01 PM   #31

I think that is why Ford got rid of the dual tanks in the newer trucks.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote