Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2015, 09:28 AM   #1

Smile Blue OX Sway Pro First Time use.

Hello, I purchased a BXW1500 SwayPro a few months back and finally got to use it on my Travel Trailer. I just wonder if anyone else has experince regarding the use and expectations of the Sway control. I don't believe I experienced any sway but I did experience a lot of movement from passing cars/trucks etc. What I mean is every time a vehicle passed me I knew it in that it seemed to pull me in or push me out from the passing vehicle. Max speed I was driving is 65 mph for over 1000 miles.

I pull a Forest River TT, 36' long, gross weight of ~ 9500 lbs, approximately 12" high front to back which is a lot of area and my tongue weight is pushing the 8 to 900 lbs. I set my TV up according to instructions and measured height before and after set up on my TV. Everything looks good. I thought I might take up 1 (one) more chain length but I believe I am at my limit. I am doing good to get it where it is now. That is pretty much as instructions have indicated (3 links showing).

It was not a WHITE Knuckle experience but kept me at attention. Back roads where better that the Highway for sure.
Flash_h is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue ox, first time, sway