Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2017, 08:36 PM   #21

From the equal-i-er website FAQs...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0029.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	136030

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0030.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	136031
Scrub175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:46 PM   #22

Only 1 other hitch that is better!!

I loved my Equalizer hitch when I had the TT. Proved its worth in Texas with a huge crosswind.

I bought a fifth wheel in '14 and will attest that it pulls even better!!

Good choice on your hitch.
MacDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #23

My wife and I upgraded our travel trailer earlier this spring along with WDH to an equalizer. I unfortunately had the dealer install it. It towed just OK on the way home and after getting home and inspecting things I discovered that practically everything was done wrong. I got busy at work and never got a chance at a test run after setting it up per instruction manual. We are headed out on a short first trip this weekend about an hour or so from home. I'm hoping the results will be better.

Travel Trailer
2015 Solaire 317BHSK Texas Edition
Jason_WVU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:36 AM   #24

I am sure you will be fine "reinstalling" your EQ hitch. They also just came out with a new video (there are a bunch of them on their site) on setting the brackets on your trailer. If you register with them, they will send you an email once in a while with links to their videos which are quite helpful even as a review (they are not pesky with emails - maybe once every couple months). They were also helpful to me when I installed my EQ hitch 4 years ago. Just called the company with my questions and they were answered right there on the phone (no wait time, either). The dealer didn't put the brackets on right (sandwiched the breakaway wiring between the clamps and the trailer frame) and fortunately, like you, I checked it when I got home and immediately corrected it before it could do any damage. We have been totally satisfied with our hitch and would definitely buy the same brand again. It is easy to put on and off (just jack up the trailer and take the tension off first) and by putting the pins in from the inside, it is easy to put the clips through the holes. I did buy the thumb snap pins, but, am still using the old pin/clip ones since they still work fine. I lube both ends of the bars and haven't had any problems with sway or noise.
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:19 AM   #25
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Joe View Post
I have had the Equalizer 4pt for about 5 years, and am extremely happy with it. Yes it is noisy making turns and you will notice some drift when a trailer passes but nothing I would call sway. Good luck and get healthy.
I made the change when I bought my most recent tt 21/2 years ago and boy what a difference compared to chain type. Noise don't bother me and be sides gives folks heads up I'm in the camp ground and parking and keeps folks out of the way. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:54 PM   #26

Update on my Equalizer...the wife and I took our maiden voyage this evening about an hour and a half from the house and it towed great. I felt very much in control and didn't notice any sway. It's amazing what happens when something is installed correctly LOL. The hitch is noisy but it doesn't really bother me....I like giving people stuff to talk about LOL

Travel Trailer
2015 Solaire 317BHSK Texas Edition
Jason_WVU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:08 PM   #27

Glad your maiden voyage went well with the new hitch. I am looking forward to being able to drive again at some point in June. My friend and I will get the hitch installed a little later in May when maybe it stops raining here in MI.
"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equal-i-zer, hitch