Old 03-10-2016, 09:37 PM   #1

brake gain setting

i have my gain setting at 8 after tuning it and it seems to be the right amount of brake...cant feel the trailer pushing truck and also cant feel truck being pulled by TT. basically cant tell the TT is there when braking which i assume is the way it should be. my concern is that with the gain set to 8 and the TT being dry, once the TT is loaded am i going to have to adjust the gain even higher? 8 just seems to be high when reading what others have there gain set to.

TV-2013 F-150
TT-2016 Apex 300BHS

Old 03-10-2016, 10:23 PM   #2

If at 8 on low you still can go to 9 or 10 when loaded. Also, you may find a low number in the medium setting most comfortable. The gain on my F250 is at medium 7 with a 11,000 5er. Individual setups from trailer to hitch and truck will dictate what feels best.

CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:28 PM   #3

I have mine set to 8 as well for a 32 foot trailer behind my f150. You can always just turn it up a bit when loaded.
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:44 PM   #4

Brake gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillips View Post
i have my gain setting at 8 after tuning it and it seems to be the right amount of brake...cant feel the trailer pushing truck and also cant feel truck being pulled by TT. basically cant tell the TT is there when braking which i assume is the way it should be. my concern is that with the gain set to 8 and the TT being dry, once the TT is loaded am i going to have to adjust the gain even higher? 8 just seems to be high when reading what others have there gain set to.

TV-2013 F-150
TT-2016 Apex 300BHS
I have mine set at 7.5 in the medium setting. I have a 7800 lbs trailer un loaded I had it weighed at the way station (ready to camp loaded with all our necessary equipment) it was 8180 lbs. I have pulled this 5000 miles and had no trouble stopping this rig.

Tags
brakes