Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2016, 07:09 AM   #81

Get rid of that hitch and buy the Andersen. No noise, no grease, no grief. It is what I used. Best ride ever. My dealer installed hitch was junk, like yours.
ccsvolsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:56 AM   #82

Update bye bye Durango, Hello 2500 Dodge Ram !!!

After all this, my husband finally decided to get the truck he has been wanting for the longest time and this was the perfect reason to do so. Our first trip with be next week and I'm hoping all goes well. Thank you all so much for you help. I learned so much. Now I'm thinking will my 1 sway bar be enough, or buy another one (pro series bar). I would love to get the equal-i-zer I've heard so much about, but husband seems to think I won't need it. oh boyyyy lol
DebMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:35 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebMar View Post
After all this, my husband finally decided to get the truck he has been wanting for the longest time and this one the perfect reason to do so. Our first trip with be next week and I'm hoping all goes well. Thank you all so much for you help. I learned so much. Now I'm thinking will my 1 sway bar be enough, or buy another one (pro series bar). I would love to get the equal-i-zer I've heard so much about, but husband seems to think I won't need it. oh boyyyy lol
Congrats!!!

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:06 PM   #84

Congrats. You're doing the right thing.
Getting an Equalizer was the best thing I ever did for worry-free towing.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:15 PM   #85

I learn so much just reading other posts but I also really enjoy how everyone is so great about helping others, and being very specific and sounding very reassuring - this is gonna be my daily read while we learn all this new to us stuff!!! Just a thanks!!
mchayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:32 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchayes View Post
I learn so much just reading other posts but I also really enjoy how everyone is so great about helping others, and being very specific and sounding very reassuring - this is gonna be my daily read while we learn all this new to us stuff!!! Just a thanks!!
You always learn something new around our campfire, glad you pulled up a chair.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:23 AM   #87

Thank you!!
mchayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:28 AM   #88

Quote:
After all this, my husband finally decided to get the truck he has been wanting for the longest time and this was the perfect reason to do so. Our first trip with be next week and I'm hoping all goes well. Thank you all so much for you help. I learned so much. Now I'm thinking will my 1 sway bar be enough, or buy another one (pro series bar). I would love to get the equal-i-zer I've heard so much about, but husband seems to think I won't need it. oh boyyyy lol
Wow. First probably best decision was to upgrade. Second let me apologize for the horrible post above. Remind me to never try to type on my cell phone like all the kids do. I was sick that I could not edit it when I finally saw it on a real computer screen.

Finally, Your husband is probably correct, with a 3/4 ton truck you will be fine with any WDH you use. With our F-250 we were towing 8000# loaded heavy to the front and never a whisper of a problem. One sway bar will probably be plenty. Again though I would check the weight stamping on those bars, they sure look skinny in the picture.

Enjoy Tom
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:13 PM   #89

All that has been shared here is well intended info but I think even with a new truck, the correct weight ratings on the WDH is important. I only saw that mentioned once in this thread and if the WDH was a generic like as mentioned from harbor freight, they would be too strong and caused some bounce. Anyone else think so? Advice from etrailer helped me avoid that mistake.
ricksterv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 02:52 AM   #90

Quote:
Great Choice !!
Hensley Cub hitch ,
jlgail4309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:00 PM   #91

SHOCKS people. Only saw one post mention shocks. Good shocks on your TV will make a big difference. Shocks do not last forever.
Check those WDH bars for their rating.
MtBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:23 PM   #92

Quote:
Big Truck, so now your hitch will be more than adequate. Install it per the manufacturers introductions. WE tow 7 to 9000 lbs with one NO PROBLEM. What manufacturer? About all of them make that hitch because is was the first WDH and has been around long enough that EzLift 's patent ran and so EVERYONE MAKES it because for the money it is AMAZING. I just set up our new one for a new heavier trailer and The Curt instructions were missing something in the detail so I went to the Reese site and their instruction answered my question.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer