Old 12-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #11
I would be cautious about pulling a full size (height) TT with an Envoy. Don't believe anything a salesman tells you.

I had an 02 Trailblazer I6 4x4 and towed a popup (Coleman Mesa/Sunridge ~2800 lbs. loaded) for several years. It was doable but with DW and 3 kids and gear it was close to its limit.

Towing was no fun in crosswinds, headwinds or in the mountains. The wheelbase is quite short to tow even a popup without some white knuckles. The small gas tank has you looking for gas every 2-3 hours or so. The I6 is underpowered for that size of vehicle to begin with. But I liked the ride and it was good to drive when not towing. I only towed a few times a year aside form one 10,000 km trip out west.

I got better mileage (towing or not) from my 05 and 06 Suburbans than with the Trailblazer. Even my Suburban struggles in headwinds due to the front loading on the TT. But it's solid on the road when towing.

If you are doing short trips and not on major hills it may be ok but plan on a new TV soon. I heard from the dealer that my Trailblazer needed transmission work and steering work after I traded it ...

2009 Suburban LT 1500 - 4x4 - 3.42
2009 Flagstaff 23FBS Super Lite
Nights Camped in 2015 - 21
Nights Camped in 2014 - 29
Nights Camped in 2013 - 31
beerjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #12
I have the same camper but branded as a Flagstaff. I have a 4.8 chevy v8 and I know that I would like to upgrade my TV.

That 10 tall trailer is just a big parachute behind you. I love the trailer and highly recommend it for couples but to answer your question, I think your TV will struggle

2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4l with 2015 Flagstaff 21FBRS
Wife, myself and 2 furry kids
Mountndream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:14 AM   #13
Moderators' Assistant
Originally Posted by BudsFolly View Post
I got the number from the specs plate on the side of the trailer when at the dealer. Maybe they were given a bogus number from the factory. Thanks for the info though, gives me more to consider.
I think you're reading the wrong thing.
the UVW from the factory, is on a yellow sticker.
usually it's located on the side or in the door frame.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote