Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2019, 12:47 PM   #41

Seven weeks to replace the 6.7 diesel in our truck. We had to purchase a new one to continue our journey. We were third in line at the Ford dealer in WV and they had only one diesel mechanic.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:38 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I was just at the shop that did the emissions delete on my Silverado and I asked them what was the cost to rebuild a engine. The person told me they didn’t rebuild the engine as it wasn’t cost effective, a new engine installed about $12,000.00. A new engine from GM has a warranty of three years or a 100,000 miles. I was thinking of a rebuild of around $6,000.00. With any luck at all this engine should last me until I stop camping. I keep my Silverado serviced but you never know. On a side note does anyone use diesel additives in your diesel fuel

There are other choices that a dealership engine. South Houston Engine (very reputable rebuilder) offers rebuilt Dmax long blocks for $4200. Figure $3000-4000 labor at most shops other than dealers. No reason to pay extra for that GM warranty, soon as they see the emissions delete warranty is voided.

Demco 18k Autoslide
2012 Puma Unleashed 356QLB toy hauler
Toys - CRF250X, CRF250R, CRF450R, TTR230, TRX250EX, STX-1500 jet ski
rmoore0852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:48 PM   #43

Send a message via Yahoo to MaxRock
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
On a side note does anyone use diesel additives in your diesel fuel
As mentioned earlier in this thread, I own the '02 DMax in my signature below. The ole' girl is getting close to 420k miles and runs great. I do use an additive as this generation of DMax was designed to run on diesel with a high percentage of sulfur. I used 3 ozs. of FPPF at every tank, been doing this for the last 200k+ miles. Remember, the first generation of DMax's, the LB7, had potential injector issues. My first set ran to 199k miles and the second set is still going strong. Since you have a later generation of DMax, you may not need to run any additive, I just wanted to state what I run and the results that I have had.

Good luck!

-Mark

'02 Chevy 2500HD 415k miles as of Dec-18
DMax/ZF-6 Speed, CCLB, 0-70-110 HP VA Tuner, 5" exhaust, H2 Tires/Chrome Wheels (315x70-17),
B&W GN hitch and 5th Wheel Companion, BrakeSmart Brake Controller
MaxRock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, truck