Old 02-29-2016, 11:29 AM   #11

Trailer Aid Plus for the torsion axles.

Bruce

Old 02-29-2016, 11:39 AM   #12

I have Trailer-Aid and a bottle jack. Fortunately have not had to change a tire roadside.

As a side-benefit, the bottle jack came in handy when my tongue jack failed while unhitching. Luckily too I had a 8x8 chunk with me too and was able to get the w/d bars off and the trailer off the truck.

2500+ miles camping 2015:Black Hills, Sioux Falls, Lake Superior North Shore, MN State Parks

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI 5.7 / 3.92 - 2004 Coachmen Spirit of America 248TBG
davidx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:48 AM   #13

I have a tandem axil trailer so I run the good tire up on blocks to replace the bad tire. Remember to break the lug nuts on the flat tire before you run the good tore up on blocks. If both tires are flat I will call AAA since I have a policy with them and don't have two spare tires.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:51 AM   #14

FIfth Wheel Dual Axle

Just so I am clear on this since I'm fairly new to Rving, If i pull my front tire onto the trailer aid it will lift the rear tire enough to change it?
Old 02-29-2016, 11:52 AM   #15
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Yep

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 02-29-2016, 11:56 AM   #17

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Old 02-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #18

Flat tire

I bought a trailer aid als carry a flat repair kit just in case of more than one tire is flat.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:00 PM   #19
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Have you, the folks that use this, had any problem with it skidd'n when gett'in onto it?
Old 02-29-2016, 12:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa5tku View Post
I have a tandem axil trailer so I run the good tire up on blocks to replace the bad tire. Remember to break the lug nuts on the flat tire before you run the good tore up on blocks. If both tires are flat I will call AAA since I have a policy with them and don't have two spare tires.
We now have AAA since blowing a trailer tire. We also carry 2 spares for insurance. It's very unlikely that two tires will go on you, but having a 2nd spare means you don't immediately have to look for a tire shop. When we did blow the tire, we lost several hours to find a tire, then get it mounted. Having no spare is a total craps shoot. Now that we carry spare 1 and spare 2, we have not had a flat.

We had just over 300 miles on a new TV and hit road debris in the center lane of an Interstate, ruining a nearly new tire. It was dark, blacktop pavement, and raining- too late to avoid when we saw it. This was on a Saturday evening. No one had the exact replacement tire until Monday. That cost us 2 days lay over because the spare was smaller than the 4 on the TV. We bought a new tire for the TV and a used tire the right size to carry with us on long trips. If that happened again, we could have it mounted and keep moving. It seems like I have this little halo over me called Murphy's Law.

Tags
tire, trailer, travel, travel trailer