Old 09-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #11
Originally Posted by rbneron View Post
Sorry; I stated relay instead of circuit breaker. Definitely needs overload protection. On my vehicle used circuit breakers for overload protection as opposed to fuses using this kit:

Universal Installation Kit for Trailer Brake Controller - 7-Way RV and 4-Way Flat - 10 Gauge Wires etrailer Accessories and Parts ETBC7

Man... I was all sorts of ready to correct ya! ... jk...

But yes to the OP what everyone has said has been great... Looking into the 7 pin on the back of the TV youre top right should be the +12 and the bottom left should be ground. Also, you may notice that these pins are larger than the others...

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #12
All sorts of good info! Looks like I have an excuse to get out my multimeter this weekend.

I'm not really PLANNING on charging the battery in my TT from the car, I just want to know HOW to do it if really needed, and how NOT to do it by accident. I don't want a dead TV battery either.

To someone that asked, I did not wire in the 7-pin by hand. I bought a kit from Nissan that had it all wired for me, and I just plugged it in. Also, it did come with the towing package (upgraded cooling, hitch, etc), but that package only came with a 4-pin. The 7-pin was a dealer installed option, which is essentially what I added on, along with the relay to fire the brakes.

Thanks everyone!

Eric, Tara, and most of China
2013 Camping Nights: 2
2014 Camping nights: 31
TT 2014 Rockwood Roo 183
TV 2012 Nissan Armada
EricInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
While you got the multi meter out go ahead and leave it in the camper.
You'll thank me later.

TURBS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #14
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
While you got the multi meter out go ahead and leave it in the camper.
You'll thank me later.

X2. I have noticed the camper to home multimeter use ratio has not been anywhere near what I would have thought. (Honey, are these batteries dead? Honey, I just ripped the outlet out of the wall. Honey, the lights just went out...along with the microwave, electic heater, and blow you know why?)

ok, I didn't really need a meter for the last one but you get the point.

tanddc is offline   Reply With Quote

charging, towing