Old 12-17-2016, 02:01 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
If you have the money buy a class A and tow a car with it. Then you can stop where ever in the summer and still run your A/C. If not buy a trailer in the 6500-7500 GVWR range and stop at campgrounds or state parks and plug into electric. Either RV will have all the same features except for the gennie. Budget usually dictates which way people go with this decision.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K
You can always buy a 2000-3000watt genny if you really think you need one. I would assume the rules for running a stand-alone genny are the same as for one in a motor home (i.e., must meet the quiet hours).

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 12:43 AM   #42

Yeah, I know what you are saying about starting out with a Motor Home, but believe me I ain't gonna spend $80,000 for one...I looked at a very nice 2006 34' that I could buy for $30,000..the 28'-32' new TT's I've looked at list for $32-$35,000, buy for 21-$24,000.. not that much more to go to a motor home..
I just like the idea of not having to find a camp ground if you don't want to. The people selling the 34' want to go to a bigger unit..he told me that he seldom use's camp grounds..stops at flying J, rest stops, walmart, where ever. Like with us it's a portable motel room, not a camper...we won't be camping, sitting around a camp fire drinking beer, I'll do that in my recliner watching football or Larry Welk..I've looked at several used TT's and have figured out that if I'm gonna get everything I want with a floor plan I like, seems that we're gonna have to buy new in a TT, but still can't get the generator in the darn thing..

parkguy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 03:46 AM   #43
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkguy60 View Post
why in the living *** don't they put generators on TT's ? If ya can put them on motor homes I see no reason they are not available on TT's.
Doesn't appear that you've looked close enough at TTs vs MHs and 5th wheels.
MHs and 5th wheels are raised high enough to have basements to fit a built-in generator. TTs do not.
But you could get a toyhauler TT that has a generator compartment.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:27 AM   #44

Yeah, Bikendan, I know, but we did put a man on the moon & they do put hugh outside kitchens in TT's that take up a lot of room. Room that as far as us, and I'm sure a lot of other people are concerned, could be better used as Generator space...There was a time when I would just buy one with the big O/S kitchen, pull it out & put in a generator...getting too old & lazy to do that now.. --- The down side to that is that the trailer would still would not be engineered to handle the weight & distribute it properly...but with a smaller generator, say something like one of those 2000 Honda's or something of that nature, with electric start & a fuel supply, should work if it is designed to be there, Locked away & secure in an insulated-vented proper way. If it was done at the factory I bet the cost wouldn't be outta sight either.

So, I have given that "area" situation some thought..

But, yes, you do have a point

parkguy60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags