Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2015, 07:35 AM   #61
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 88
Well after everything's input on what type of truck I should buy, I finally pulled the trigger yesterday. I bought a new 2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4/door crewcab Big Horn.
I used the "TrueCars" web site where you print out a certificate of a few nearby dealers with the lowest possible price. It worked very well and I am very happy.
Now I can move on and purchase that trailer or 5th wheel.
Everyone in this forum helped me to make the right decision, thanks.
__________________

__________________
earlbalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:03 AM   #62
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
Awesome choice...you won't be disappointed...Happy Camping!
__________________

__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:13 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
breezyhillfarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlbalentine View Post
Well after everything's input on what type of truck I should buy, I finally pulled the trigger yesterday. I bought a new 2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4/door crewcab Big Horn.

I used the "TrueCars" web site where you print out a certificate of a few nearby dealers with the lowest possible price. It worked very well and I am very happy.

Now I can move on and purchase that trailer or 5th wheel.

Everyone in this forum helped me to make the right decision, thanks.

Perfect choice. You will love it.


2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
__________________
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:18 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 219
Awesome, congrats!
__________________
stantyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:19 AM   #65
Senior Member
 
breezyhillfarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 546
Chevy 2500 Gas Eng or RAM 2500 Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
I think this was the question. Don't see where diesels comes into play here. Later RJD

Feel better now that he bought the diesel? Guess our horrible "off topic" answers were just what he needed.


2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
__________________
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:59 AM   #66
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3
I have an 07 2500 silverado,8 cylinder vortec gas truck that has pulled a 38 ft 5th wheel up and down the east coast for three years.10.7 mpg towing or not.No problems.
__________________
mikehallinnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:16 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 3,688
Have you looked @ the cost of having a Diesel vs. Gas serviced ???
__________________
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:22 AM   #68
Georgia Frog Rally 2018
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 10,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
Feel better now that he bought the diesel? Guess our horrible "off topic" answers were just what he needed.


2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
Yep his choice and pay more for service if he does not due his own. Could be $400 dollars a year. You folks never seem to factor those items in. It's called the rest of the story Later RJD
__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:23 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Have you looked @ the cost of having a Diesel vs. Gas serviced ???
I think it wash when account for the better fuel mileage savings against higher cost of service.
__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #70
Senior Member
 
nomad297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
I think it wash when account for the better fuel mileage savings against higher cost of service.
Nope. No way.

Bruce
__________________

__________________
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
500, gas

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.