Old 08-09-2016, 05:23 PM   #11

3 different Chevy dealers, 6 different service visited, weeks in the shop, stranded in multiple cities for multiple days. Brought in with all lights illuminated & still can't fix it. Done with this truck.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:27 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Only with the trailer connected?

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "25"

Old 08-09-2016, 05:35 PM   #13
(Dry Huunday)

My 16 is currently in the shop with similar problems....those lights and a few others when I went to go to work the other morning. Waiting for an EBCM which is back ordered. I'll let you know the end result.....maybe that module is your issue as well?

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:35 PM   #14

It's happened only when towing. Codes were for both rear wheel speed sensors and for a control module failure.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:09 PM   #15

Last time I towed my trailer with my '16 Silverado 2500, the trailer brakes would not work. All lights would. The backup camera also had an error. This happened when I was reconnecting at the campsite. After a bunch of connecting and disconnecting with a dance ,it worked. The dealer found moisture in the plug on the truck, including the camera connection. They replaced the plug and put a bunch of dialectic grease in them. Other than a couple of washings, it hasn't seen any rain.

Mark
Old 08-10-2016, 02:35 PM   #16

Reset the computer?? Do you mean reprogram the towing mode?
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:44 PM   #17

I would try towing a different trailer with elect brakes or have someone tow your TT. It may not be your truck, it may be with your TT electrical system messing up your truck or maybe rent a truck and tow your TT and see if that truck does the same thing. If it only happens when you're towing our TT, it may not be the truck.

I plugged in a USB phone charger into my 1500 and it screwed up the entire dash. I was sitting in trafficel but the speed odometer had me going 90, and every light indicator was lit up like a christmas tree. Once I got home shut it down, and then started it up it was fine.
RollingDownTheHighway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:06 PM   #18
win

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingDownTheHighway View Post
I would try towing a different trailer with elect brakes or have someone tow your TT. It may not be your truck, it may be with your TT electrical system messing up your truck or maybe rent a truck and tow your TT and see if that truck does the same thing. If it only happens when you're towing our TT, it may not be the truck.

I plugged in a USB phone charger into my 1500 and it screwed up the entire dash. I was sitting in trafficel but the speed odometer had me going 90, and every light indicator was lit up like a christmas tree. Once I got home shut it down, and then started it up it was fine.

X2 hook up to anther trailer
I have the same truck , no trouble with mine
Old 08-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #19

You need to get in touch with GM directly. I think there is a number in the book that came with your truck. I had a problem many years ago with a truck that was out of warranty. The fuel gauge went bad causing me to drive it even though the fuel tank was sucking fumes. And when that happened it ruined the fuel pump which was inside the fuel tank. Bottom line it was big bucks to fix. I called GM directly and after a bit of talking they said they would pay 50% of the bill. This was a used truck that I bought from a friend and it had ZERO warranty on it. I thought that was really good of them. I have owned many Chevy and GMC trucks and they have always been great for me. Would not own anything else.

Larry W8PO & Lori N8IHJ and Louie the wonder dog
2014 Surveyor Cadet 265RLDS
2015 GMC Denali HD
Ham Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:41 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Reset the computer?? Do you mean reprogram the towing mode?

Disconnect the battery for 30 seconds and reconnect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingDownTheHighway View Post
The trailer brake, anti lock, stability and sway control on these trucks is not a new system and has been in place in almost the same form since 2010. Its not known to have a lot of issues.

It is very sensitive to two things. First it does not like it when you plug in or unplug the 7 way while the truck is running or the ignition is on. A lot of times doing that will throw the computer into doing exactly what the OP describes. My 2015 GMC 2500 has done it once, and my 2013 Chevy before that also had done it. Disconnecting the battery and reconnecting took care of it.

It also does not like any voltage fed into the trailer brake system from another source, such as the break away switch. I had a moron pull my break away while still plugged in when doing my trailers state safety inspection. That was despite me specifically telling him beforehand to disconnect the 7 way before he checked it. That fired off the ABS, Check Engine, and Stabiltrak control lights as well as lighting up the DIC with "check trailer wiring" and "service trailer brakes" messages. A hard reboot by disconnecting the battery reset everything.

Tags