Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #31
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
thats my normal trip home mpg. itll hold that for several days till the dpf kicks in
on my new toy that read exhaust temp I seen exhaust temps rise to over 1200 degrees

And yes I should have coasted down a hill right after fill up and ran her up to 99.9 mpg !

Thanks Lou for busting me !!!!!!!!!!!
thats true mpg after 80 miles and like you .... Me and my thoughts .
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #32
Site Team
 
KyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 6,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Do you ever hand-calculate your MPG?

I've found that my Dodge is a little... how do you say... "over zealous"?
That too. I know my wife's Maxima nearly always shows higher MPG on the
digital display than
we get when we use a calculator and gas station receipts.
__________________

__________________
Peace!
Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #33
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
That too. I know my wife's Maxima nearly always shows higher MPG on the
digital display than
we get when we use a calculator and gas station receipts.

Is that a 4dsc nissan maxima ?
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
jevanb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
on my new toy that read exhaust temp I seen exhaust temps rise to over 1200 degrees

.
OBD2 reading??
if you do not have a pyro in the manifold your exh temp is a lot lower unless you are on it, what you are reading is the DPF temp since it has a pyro 3 feet from the turbo. you cant rely on that reading during towing
__________________
2012 Wildcat 344QB

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
RubenZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rio Grande Valley Texas
Posts: 357
I wouldn't trust the DIC. Especially if you've upgraded tires.
__________________
__________________________________

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #36
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
OBD2 reading??
if you do not have a pyro in the manifold your exh temp is a lot lower unless you are on it, what you are reading is the DPF temp since it has a pyro 3 feet from the turbo. you cant rely on that reading during towing

yes This was actual Exhaust temps before and after dpf .
I was throwing that number out because I had heard it got quite hot and never really knew the dpf temps .
Yes obd reading pdi's.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #37
Site Team
 
KyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 6,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Is that a 4dsc nissan maxima ?
Donno what a 4dsc is....
She's got an 03 with the big V6. Runs great, she loves it. I was just
saying the display is a little "overly optimistic".
Some of those diesel MPGs mentioned earlier might be as well.
I know the factory isn't going to knowingly put in an error that makes
them look BAD!! If there is any error it's gonna be on the plus side.

It doesn't matter to me. 99.9% of my truck driving is with a trailer on
the back. I know some guys have to drive their trucks on a daily basis.
Unloaded MPG is important to them.
I am only concerned with loaded MPG and the reports here don't sound very
hopeful for me to get much improvement.
__________________
Peace!
Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
jevanb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
I am only concerned with loaded MPG and the reports here don't sound very
hopeful for me to get much improvement.
what is the figure you are looking for?? speed ,tire size and pressure , to get the best MPG stay with stock and max tire pressure, stay off the skinny pedal and let the cruise do all the pedal inputs, when you hook a 13k high profile 5er and get 12.5mpg I think that is really good, but I also have this engine because the gas did not do it for me
__________________
2012 Wildcat 344QB

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #39
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post

Donno what a 4dsc is....
She's got an 03 with the big V6. Runs great, she loves it. I was just
saying the display is a little "overly optimistic".
Some of those diesel MPGs mentioned earlier might be as well.
I know the factory isn't going to knowingly put in an error that makes
them look BAD!! If there is any error it's gonna be on the plus side.

It doesn't matter to me. 99.9% of my truck driving is with a trailer on
the back. I know some guys have to drive their trucks on a daily basis.
Unloaded MPG is important to them.
I am only concerned with loaded MPG and the reports here don't sound very
hopeful for me to get much improvement.
Nissan maxima 4 door sports car ....
My dw has one . Just curious.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
RubenZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rio Grande Valley Texas
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
what is the figure you are looking for?? speed ,tire size and pressure , to get the best MPG stay with stock and max tire pressure, stay off the skinny pedal and let the cruise do all the pedal inputs, when you hook a 13k high profile 5er and get 12.5mpg I think that is really good, but I also have this engine because the gas did not do it for me
Exactly, you put that weight on a Big Block Gasser and I guarantee your MPGS will be less than 9mpg. When Chevy had the 8.1l and 454's they were getting like 7mpgs.
__________________

__________________
__________________________________

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.