Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2019, 08:42 PM   #1

Chevy mylink

So who all has a chev with the mylink
We now hav a 2016 1500 with the mylink and 4glte service
I’ve been past a few spots that we have camped and had poor data with our cell phones and was able to keep data on the trucks mylink.
My question is who uses their mylink data while camping I know you have to keep the key on for it to work. My thoughts were to keep a battery tender hooked to the truck when we were using the data to keep from killing the battery
Old 02-26-2019, 12:30 AM   #2
Retired Old Fart

I retired at the end of December, 2018. My work vehicle was a 2018 Chevy Tahoe SSV with the mylink display. I liked it but we did not use the hotspot wifi feature. Linking the phone with the display for hands free phone and messaging was nice. And if I teathered it to a USB port I could use the Google Maps and Waze in addition to the Chevy navigation maps. I do miss the hands free linking as my personal truck is older and does not have a display (or backup camera, I miss that too).
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote