Originally Posted by wire1946
I have a Chevy 3500 and tow a CC 38FL get 20 on road not towing. towing get 11 mpg diesel dully don't like the def but have to take the good with the bad.does any1 build what we want or need
Nope! Nobody listens to the common man anymore, it's all about the dollar. My last truck I handwrote 4 pages of comments attached to my survey I returned in the mail. GM actually called me to review some points.
Some things I remember;
- Get away from the CAD stations and hit the clay studio, realize there isn't but so many ways to design a truck. It is a working man's tool.
- Make stake pocket holes large enough for 2x4's again
- Bring back Wing Vents & Floor vents. No need for A/C most the time with those.
- Bring back the under-the-dash A/C (Freezer). Self contained modular unit that can be benched for repairs vice ripping out entire dash to replace a 10 cent part.
- Put back the flat bumper one can use as anvil or surface to hammer against not plastic.
- bring back the metal straps tailgate rests vice thin braided cable.
Couldn't explain to them a Truck is a working man's tool, not a preppy-mobile or redneck junk wagon. It helped the Blacksmith shoe horses with it's features designed in the body, It helped the rancher/farmer string up barbed wire fences using a 2x4 to hold the wire rolls and tension the wire. The carpenter had a portable workbench with the tailgate till it got to frail and weak.
Nope, the auto industry lost sight of what we need long ago