Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2015, 07:38 AM   #1

Chevy Spark Flat Tow Set-UP

I would like information from anyone who has configured a Chevy Spark for flat towing.

I have just purchased a 2015 Spark manual trans to tow with a 14 Georgetown 378XL and cannot decide on which tow bar, baseplate, etc. to use. I have spent hours researching, calling, etc. and am still undecided.

Anyone with experience on this and willing to share would be greatly appreciated.
surcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:07 AM   #2

Can't speak about the Spark set up personally, but...
Blue Ox makes base plates for just about every vehicle that is able to be towed 4 down, and their quality is second to none. You can't go wrong with one of their base plates.
Both Blue Ox and Roadmaster make outstanding tow bar set ups, and either one will give you many miles and years of use, especially as your toad is so light weight.
You can use either of those company's tow bars with the Blue Ox base plates. Roadmaster makes/sells adapters to adapt their tow bars to the Blue Ox plate.
Personally, I have a Blue Ox plate on our Subaru Crosstrek, and tow with a Roadmaster Sterling tobar set up. Going on 8000 miles now with absolutly no problems at all.
I'm sure others will jump in with their opinions, but as long as you buy products from a good, reputible company, you should be trouble free.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote