Old 01-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #11

Here's a link for ya- https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/...005_escape.pdf . Shows 9600 trailer weight with the 3:73's. Combined is 17000. Weight capacity is higher with the 4:30. Don't know how much bargaining you can do, cause that is a tough vehicle to find. Would think by the numbers you have plenty of capability, just don't expect to get astonishing fuel mileage with a V-10, even empty. Taht's a lot of weight to be movung even with the trailer unhooked.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #12

let me go one differnt route

please allow for my add to kick in on this thread and go another route. I just came across a used 2500 chevy express 2008 cargo van with the diesel 6.6.v 8 engine in it. it has 80000 miles on it. price is at about 19500 which is priced above kelly blue book. looks like in good shape only saw it on a dealer lot and they were closed. how hard would it be to convert a cargo van to passenger van. looks like the 2500 vans can tow close to 10000 pounds according to some internet research. question would be cost to convert from cargo to passenger. would it be not cost effective. i would not need crazy just bench seats and interior. heat and colling vents would be a question as well.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #13

The biggest problem is that the 1500 Suburban is maxed out just with the family on board. Start your search for a 2500 and you will be far happier at the end of the day.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #14

I know thatís what led me to this latest van. I have been looking for 2500 suburbanís the new ones are way out of price range. the used ones have 150000 miles or more same thing for excurcions used ones seem to be well over 100000 since they have not been made since 2005. vans are looking more like an option. the diesel interested me. the chevy 2500 express as long as it has the 6.0 liter seems to be powerful enough to tow our trailer and fit the six of us.