Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #21

I would be afraid of over stiffening the suspension and instead of moving with the forces it would have a drastic effect on it. I equate this to the rear of an unload truck. Wheel hop and bouncing axles. You want the wheels to touch the road. Sway bars may help or progressive rate springs. Put the shocks off a Corvette with all the electronics!
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #22

Lindy, i was not aware of that thanks for the heads up. Goes to show you learn something new everyday. Now with that said, do you think that the lack of any shock absobtion on our trailers could be the cause of some of the rocking and swaying from side wind?

I'm not expecting my trailer ride like Cadillac. My thought is that with an air bag it would softly limit the trailers tendancy to tip during gusts of wind. Which in turn would keep the center-of-gravity lower and the trailer would be more stable. Thoughts?
2012 reserved/camped (17/4)

RonLynnJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #23
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Another thing I noticed is your towing with a 2500. I strongly feel if you had a dually, most if not all of your pucker factor would be gone. With wind gusts pushing on your fiver your dodge tires sidewalls are flexing causing some of the issue. I can say with my dually and 5er, wind is not an issue. An 8 foot bed also helps with stabalization.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #24

That's a valid point. If my wife would let me i would have dually for sure. I love duallys maybe after paying off the FW i can get a new truck.
2012 reserved/camped (17/4)

RonLynnJr is offline   Reply With Quote