Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #1

Comparing toad installation prices

Would like to consider toading with our Georgetown MH. Asked the local RV dealer here for installation cost along with equipment.

Bascially with Blue Ox baseplate and Adventura tow bar and braking system and all installation, the cost was quoted to be $4400. That seems rather steep to me.

What did you all experience in terms of your installation costs? I know the prices will vary based on materials and type of tow bar, baseplate and whether you need a braking system or not.

BTW, we are towing my 2011 Honda Accord 4 down. The installation costs were high I think based on their hourly rate for installation.

Thoughts? Unfortunately we are not very close to any Camping World locations.
Lvnlife1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

That does sound a little steep. I tow a Ford Focus and the base plate installed, run me around $1000.00. I was happy with that price, because they basically had to tear the front of the car off to install. Something I did not want to tackle. I bought the towbar for about $600.00 and purchased a practically new Brake buddy off of Ebay for $600.00. So all total I have about $2200 in my tow/braking system.
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #3

They quoted me $550 for BlueOx base plate and $475 for labor. $900 for Aventa Tow Bar and $400 for labor for that install and other misc supplies and taxes later their quote for all of the above was around $2600. The braking system they had was around $1700. I'm really thinking they are overpriced. Does it really cost that much to install a tow bar?
Lvnlife1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toad