Old 07-12-2015, 09:00 PM   #21

Our dealer did a great job setting up the hitch, but then we loaded things in the trailer. have to adjust the bars up one hole on the L bracket.

TST 507 Tire Monitors
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:29 AM   #22

This may be a dumb question, but how would you know this adjustment needed to be done?

I will be taking our 30ft long Catalina this Thursday for the first time since buying and having the wash installed so I'm a little curious if it will need adjusting.

Thanks!

16 Coachmen Catalina 273dbs
13 Ford F-150 6.2/3.73 max tow

Old 09-23-2015, 09:39 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-reg View Post
This may be a dumb question, but how would you know this adjustment needed to be done?

I will be taking our 30ft long Catalina this Thursday for the first time since buying and having the wash installed so I'm a little curious if it will need adjusting.

Thanks!
The 2 ways to determine if your WDH is setup correctly is to do the fender measurements as outlined in the instruction manual, or to weigh the combo, with and without the spring bars in place, plus 1 with the truck only. When weighing, make sure each axle (considering that 2 trailer axles are weighed as 1) are on separate sections on the scales, and all cargo and passengers are in the same position every time.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:21 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post
The 2 ways to determine if your WDH is setup correctly is to do the fender measurements as outlined in the instruction manual, or to weigh the combo, with and without the spring bars in place, plus 1 with the truck only.
Set mine up following instructions in the manual, no problem.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:02 PM   #25

Our first TT a Catalina 303rls was a nightmare pulling home, plus we had a flat tire in worst part of Nashville. I had to completely re-install WDH per instructions. Still not right though. Undersized bars. Went to Andersen WDH. Happy camper now. Pull great in my underpowered, up hill, f150.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:10 PM   #26
Site Team

Location: Home of the 2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS CHICAGO CUBS
My dealer dont know how to set up a wdh either. In fact they got it wrong with both times they tried. Now I do that myself thank you.

What i did was get 3 weigh ins at the cat-scales.

Truck & TT w/o wdh bars on
Truck & TT with wdh bars on
Truck all by itself.Now you can crunch numbers.

With that info you can see just how much weight your shoving forward back to the front axles.
Now I know GM per my owners manual," says get the front back to but not to exceed going lower then stock height in the front".

Here is a link from the FRF library going into the details http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...do=file&id=128

2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 92 nights of camping
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:03 PM   #27
Ambassador

Shocker!

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:42 PM   #28

Had a similar issue with my dealer incorrectly installing my Equalizer WDH. Not only did they fail to install the minimum number of washers (they only used two versus the manufacturer's minimum of 4), the dealership also installed the wrong tow ball! The one they installed had s shank that was too long and would have damaged the hitch (and subsequently voided the warranty) if I did too sharp of a turn. Only a tow ball manufactured by equalizer has a shank that is short enough for the hitch. I wasn't able to find the correct tow ball anywhere except from the hitch manufacturer. Cost me $27 plus another $20 to purchase a wrench socket large enough to remove the old and install the correct new one. Frustrating to say the least.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:06 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsvolsfan View Post
Our first TT a Catalina 303rls was a nightmare pulling home, plus we had a flat tire in worst part of Nashville. I had to completely re-install WDH per instructions. Still not right though. Undersized bars. Went to Andersen WDH. Happy camper now. Pull great in my underpowered, up hill, f150.
What part of Nashville was this...the whole county of Davidson would be bad. Glad everything worked out. We live in Smyrna, TN..
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:08 PM   #30

That would be Brick Church/Trinity Lane

2011 Ford F350 fx4 6.7 SRW
2016 Sandpiper 360PDEK

Tags
dealer