Old 02-09-2016, 09:10 PM   #31

When we bought our trailer it was used, the dealer set up the hitch that came with the trailer, a ProSeries with SC built in. At the time the trailer was not loaded, I have finally gotten it to where I am comfortable with it. It takes some tweaking...as far as loading the trailer and adjusting.

Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:10 AM   #32

They usually do, mine was so bad on my first Trailer 2012 Shasta Revere 27RLSS 6700 dry and hitch 900#'s that if I had not reset mine from scratch I would have stopped camping it was so bad to drive with. I have learned to measure, set, test and reset so well now, that our Anderson makes towing a dream. Never rely on the dealer especially when they throw in the wrong size hitch for free. I will use my Anderson until I go to a 5er

Old 03-03-2016, 06:52 PM   #33

I have a 2011 frontier sv cc and am considering selling my popup and going with a rockwood mini lite 2109s.do you ever feel underpowered? need more truck or less camper.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:29 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave16509 View Post
I have a 2011 frontier sv cc and am considering selling my popup and going with a rockwood mini lite 2109s.do you ever feel underpowered? need more truck or less camper.

I have a 2306 and pull it with my '11 Frontier Pro4x crew cab. I don't have any problems with power. Just be sure to get an equalizer hitch. Also average around 11mpg when towing - which I consider to be good. Where will you mostly be towing?

Living it up w/the wife(Jenny), 2 year old daughter(Stella), & dogs(Remi and Riley)
FrontierRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:09 AM   #35

I am pretty sure that my WDH (fastway e2) is setup wrong from the dealer.

Edit: yep, I'm 100% sure that it's wrong, unless the L-brackets are supposed to move!!
Old 03-06-2016, 04:47 PM   #36

mostly in the ny,oh pa area but i just retired and would like to visit southern states..way back in the late '70s and early '80s I was stationed at ft stewart and the ft rucker areas and I loved the locations.would like to visit those areas again.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:33 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave16509 View Post
mostly in the ny,oh pa area but i just retired and would like to visit southern states..way back in the late '70s and early '80s I was stationed at ft stewart and the ft rucker areas and I loved the locations.would like to visit those areas again.

I think you'll be fine, honestly. I'm moving up to a Titan, but not for power reasons. It's for payload reasons. My tongue weight is also higher than the 2109s. I do really like the layout of the 2109s.

Living it up w/the wife(Jenny), 2 year old daughter(Stella), & dogs(Remi and Riley)
FrontierRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:26 PM   #38

sgt, if your brackets are moving on your trailer with the fastway e2 it is an indicator of problem, perhaps even loose bolts. or too tight bolts Check your manual and make sure they are positioned perpendicular to tt frame at the correct distance on both sides. It's common to realign and check proper tightness of bolts, don't overtighten as they can cause the "hanger-plates" to bow if over tightened.
Have a large torque wrench and sockets if you go further
I wish I had assembled my hitch from scratch before pdi with a little supervision.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:24 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by updhaul View Post
sgt, if your brackets are moving on your trailer with the fastway e2 it is an indicator of problem, perhaps even loose bolts. or too tight bolts Check your manual and make sure they are positioned perpendicular to tt frame at the correct distance on both sides. It's common to realign and check proper tightness of bolts, don't overtighten as they can cause the "hanger-plates" to bow if over tightened.
Have a large torque wrench and sockets if you go further
I wish I had assembled my hitch from scratch before pdi with a little supervision.
Both of the "hanger brackets" look bowed out like this. I'll dig out a torque wrench this weekend and do it properly.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2016, 08:54 PM   #40

So my question is this, (I have a husky weight distribution hitch with the round bars and the chains.) When you transfer weight from the tongue to the vehicle drive axle, are you also transferring weight back to the trailer axles? This is something I really don't want to do as my axle load is already where I want it. I have a 860 pounds of tongue weight which I can easily handle on the TV. I don't want to transfer any of that back to my trailer axle if possible.

Tags
dealer