Old 12-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #21
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkync1 View Post
thanks for all the comments now the dw has me looking at a nissan titan from what i have read it has a tow capacity of 9500 lbs anyone towing with one of these ??
the Titan has the worst gas mileage of the 1/2 trucks. i have a good friend who owns one and he's always complaining about that.
do a search on the Titan and its horrible gas mileage, compared to the other manufacturers' offerings.
it's also the oldest design and should be do for a makeover.

and don't do the newbie mistake and look at only the towing capacity number.
payload is more important, especially with 1/2 tons. many of them have poor payload numbers, even though they have high towing capacities.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #22
fx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
the Titan has the worst gas mileage of the 1/2 trucks. i have a good friend who owns one and he's always complaining about that.

do a search on the Titan and its horrible gas mileage, compared to the other manufacturers' offerings.

it's also the oldest design and should be do for a makeover.

and don't do the newbie mistake and look at only the towing capacity number.

payload is more important, especially with 1/2 tons. many of them have poor payload numbers, even though they have high towing capacities.

I had a 2006 Titan, 9500 tow capacity and if I recall my payload was right around 1350, tough to tow much of a TT with that.

I averaged 15 with my Titan, whether empty or with an 18 ft jet boat

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 12-12-2014, 11:28 PM   #23

yeah and my neighbor avgs around 12 mpg in his fuel efficient F150 ecoboost when not towing. about died laughing when he said the Titan gets worse mpg, its all in how u drive it. rofl
Old 12-15-2014, 08:54 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawga View Post
yeah and my neighbor avgs around 12 mpg in his fuel efficient F150 ecoboost when not towing. about died laughing when he said the Titan gets worse mpg, its all in how u drive it. rofl
If your neighbor only gets 12avg unloaded he's got a lead foot and wouldn't get decent mileage with a Prius. I have a lifetime average at 17K of 13.2mpg on my Eco(4x4 SCrew with 3.55's). That's with factory 20's on XL tires, over 2500 miles of towing 9K plus, and the majority of my every day driving being short trips not at full operating temp. My mothers that is almost identical but with a smaller towing percentage and 18's has a lifetime average of 16.8 over 60Kish miles.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkync1 View Post
ok guys lets hear your opinions i recently opened my big mouth ( last night ) and priced mu 00 dodge dually with the cummins well guess what it drove away while i stood there in shock of how fast it all went down he asked me to price it i said no he said price it i threw out a number and now its gone well now to the replacement vehicle ... we are setting up permanent next year so i wont be hauling my tt all over the place but there is always the what if i'm leaning towards the 4 door 4wd long bed chevrolet with the 6.0 gas engine my old truck was ext cab so kids are gonna love the room but will i be sick when i hook to camper ? i have a 2011 shasta revere 26rls sticker says around 6700lbs empty
Just curious....What was the price you threw out there for your dually?

John N.
Madison Heights, Mi.
2009 Salem LE 27RBEC
2013 F250 Lariat 6.2L
Leathergypsy is offline   Reply With Quote