Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2017, 02:53 PM   #21

The OP has...left the building. Boy, some people ask a question and then don't commit to keeping up with the 12 pages of comments, the irrelevant tangents out to discuss Chinese tires, the best brand of truck, diesel vs. gas, etc. Sheesh......how will we be able to keep this forum alive!
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:41 PM   #22

East OKC

Lived within ¼ mile of this KOA for over 20 years. Retired and move to Eastern OK. Last summer we actually stayed in that KOA for over a week. The Park is well maintained and excellently staffed. It is on Choctaw Road and is far enough East of OKC Metro to be out of the major traffic, but close enough to Midwest City (where I was a firefighter for 32yrs.) to find fine food and retail shops
BenMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:14 AM   #23
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobrmirch View Post
No, Just a standard fixed ball hitch.
That is so wrong! I can't believe a dealer sent you out the door with that type of hitch for a TT. A good dealer will not allow you off the lot without a WDH and a brake controller. It's not about an upsell, it's about the safety of you, your loved ones, and others on the road. You need a WDH before you go any further.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:34 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
That is so wrong! I can't believe a dealer sent you out the door with that type of hitch for a TT. A good dealer will not allow you off the lot without a WDH and a brake controller. It's not about an upsell, it's about the safety of you, your loved ones, and others on the road. You need a WDH before you go any further.
Hold on now,the OP ask and was Fully aware of the "W/D Sway control Hitch" he needed on 3/11/2017 ,He ask about it Before he picked up the ROO! Lots of FRF Members gave him Solid advice,He chose to "Leave the Dealership" with a simple drop hitch bar! The Driver is Responsible for what they are Towing! Youroo!!
Old 04-07-2017, 09:39 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Hold on now,the OP ask and was Fully aware of the "W/D Sway control Hitch" he needed on 3/11/2017 ,He ask about it Before he picked up the ROO! Lots of FRF Members gave him Solid advice,He chose to "Leave the Dealership" with a simple drop hitch bar! The Driver is Responsible for what they are Towing! Youroo!!
as paul harvey would say "now for the rest of the story
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:29 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post

Wow...I guess I'm a jerk! You really put me in my place! I picked up my Roo in December 2016. I'm not sure, but I think December comes before March. If you are going to spend all day researching everyones posts, I suggest you have ALL the facts before you say something stupid again
Bobrmirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:34 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMar View Post
Lived within ¼ mile of this KOA for over 20 years. Retired and move to Eastern OK. Last summer we actually stayed in that KOA for over a week. The Park is well maintained and excellently staffed. It is on Choctaw Road and is far enough East of OKC Metro to be out of the major traffic, but close enough to Midwest City (where I was a firefighter for 32yrs.) to find fine food and retail shops
Thanks so much. I look forward to staying there
Old 04-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #28

Quote:
Wow...I guess I'm a jerk! You really put me in my place! I picked up my Roo in December 2016. I'm not sure, but I think December comes before March. If you are going to spend all day researching everyones posts, I suggest you have ALL the facts before you say something stupid again
Either way please err on the side of caution and get yourself a good weight distributing hitch system . Its not just you and your loved ones but mine are out there too . Besides you will have a much much more pleasant driving experience with a WDH. I really dont need one at all with my diesel 3/4 ton and I use one now just for the fact that its soooooo much better .

TV:GMC 2500HD Duramax
TT: 2015 Wildwood 21rbs
510Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510Rick View Post
Either way please err on the side of caution and get yourself a good weight distributing hitch system . Its not just you and your loved ones but mine are out there too . Besides you will have a much much more pleasant driving experience with a WDH. I really dont need one at all with my diesel 3/4 ton and I use one now just for the fact that its soooooo much better .
I already purchased one and decided to have a dealer put it on to ensure it is on correct. I am a very safey oriented person. Thanks for your concern!
Old 04-07-2017, 12:24 PM   #30

Quote:
I already purchased one and decided to have a dealer put it on to ensure it is on correct. I am a very safey oriented person. Thanks for your concern!
I'd recommend you do a close review of the dealership's setup of your hitch. There are lots of posts of various RV forums about dealerships setting up hitches incorrectly, as happened with my hitch install. It didn't look right to me and I consulted with the manufacturer, who gave specific instructions on how to correct the issues.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:49 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
I'd recommend you do a close review of the dealership's setup of your hitch. There are lots of posts of various RV forums about dealerships setting up hitches incorrectly, as happened with my hitch install. It didn't look right to me and I consulted with the manufacturer, who gave specific instructions on how to correct the issues.
Was gonna say the same thing !! beat me to it lol

TV:GMC 2500HD Duramax
TT: 2015 Wildwood 21rbs
510Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #32
Site Team

OP was not clear on the dealer which was installing his hitch ( a dealer) so it may be a different one than sold him the original drop down.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
OP was not clear on the dealer which was installing his hitch ( a dealer) so it may be a different one than sold him the original drop down.
It is a different dealer than I bought from. The dealer I bought from is 4hrs away. The TT has been in my yard since December. I don't have the same truck I used to pull it home. But, the dealer didn't really have any discussion with me about using a WHD.

Tags
hitch