My Ram 1500 EcoD says no break in required.
ENGINE BREAK-IN RECOMMENDATIONS
The diesel engine does not require a break-in period due
to its construction. Normal operation is allowed, providing
the following recommendations are followed:
• Warm up the engine before placing it under load.
• Do not operate the engine at idle for prolonged
• Use the appropriate transmission gear to prevent
• Observe vehicle oil pressure and temperature indicators.
• Check the coolant and oil levels frequently.
• Vary throttle position at highway speeds when carrying
or towing significant weight.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE 13
NOTE: Light duty operation such as light trailer towing
or no load operation will extend the time before the
engine is at full efficiency. Reduced fuel economy and
power may be seen at this time.
The engine oil installed in the engine at the factory is a
high-quality energy conserving type lubricant. Oil
changes should be consistent with anticipated climate
conditions under which vehicle operations will occur.
The recommended viscosity and quality grades are
shown under “Fluids, Lubricants and Genuine Parts”,
under “Maintaining Your Vehicle” in this manual. NONDETERGENT
OR STRAIGHT MINERAL OILS MUST
NEVER BE USED.
TV - 2015 Ram Truck EcoDiesel
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty Turbo Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
TT - 2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs