Old 03-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #31

I guess it could be worse... I wouldn't want to fill this guys tank

Old 03-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #32

Even worse .... how often ya would have to fill it !!!

...VTX-Al

Old 03-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkswyo View Post
There is a class action lawsuit out for the 2008-2011 Dodge Cummins diesels concerning the poor mileage and issues with the emmisions related equipment. Loose the DPF, EGR valve and a few other items and mileage picks up big time.
Please tell me where you got this information. I have not been able to find anything on a class action.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
Please tell me where you got this information. I have not been able to find anything on a class action.
I just got one in the mail the other day. This is the second one I got in the last year. I don't remember who it came from. Since I have done the deletes I just chucked them in the garbage.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
Maybe ask this guy.

Has anybody here with a Ford had any problems with there HPFP & water?
I understand Ford is rejecting any warranty claims and leaving a few guys on the hook for a 20G repair bill.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #36
Now a "Top Member"

I have not had any problems with mine. And I don't think they're rejecting "any" claims. They are being very particular about it, but not all of them.
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #37

A little search... Ford 6.7L HPFP failures with no warranty

Not sure on the numbers but it look like it is happening.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:17 AM   #38

I gross just under 17K. Driving like the 63 year old guy I am I can get real close to 12.0. When it comes time to haul ***** it drops to 10.0 - 10.2. Without the RV 22+ on the hi-way. My first trip up Fancy Gap on I-77, I lifted as it went by 85. Power to spare.
2011 Chevy CC Duramax Z/71
OH plate GM DMAX
Hensley Arrow
MIKE44460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops1 View Post
A little search... Ford 6.7L HPFP failures with no warranty

Not sure on the numbers but it look like it is happening.

I have always liked Ford. I have owned several 3/4 and 1 ton Ford trucks. With that being said, I bought a new 2010 Ford F350 CC 4x4 DRW in late 2009. After 11 months and 32K miles the HPFP went out and left me stranded with no prior indications. After having it towed to the dealer I purchased it from, I was speaking with the service manager about the possible problem. During the conversation, he kept saying "if warranty covers it"... After the third time he said that, I stopped him and asked "why in the world would warranty not cover it?". He told me that Ford requires them to sump your fuel and if there is any water in it, your warranty is voided and your insurance will have to foot the bill. I almost lost it! I told him I can not check the diesel that is sold to me from fueling stations prior to putting it in my truck! Furthermore, Ford diesels come with a water separator that should nullify any water in the fuel problems. If this water separator does not work, it also should still be under factory warranty. He said if you read in the front of your owners manual, it clearly states that Ford will void your warranty should any water be found in your fuel! (I did not have time to verify this, I drove straight from the Ford dealership to the Dodge dealership after the truck was repaired!)

After a couple of days, he called me back and said that it was the HPFP that went bad and spread metal shavings all throughout the fuel system. They would have to replace the HPFP, 7 of the 8 injectors, the fuel lines and flush the tank. He said the fuel sump came out in my favor and warranty would be covering the work. Otherwise it was going to be $11K-$12K repair.

While my truck was in the shop for two weeks getting repaired, I traded it in on a new Dodge. Not to say that I wont have similar issues... I just could not stomach the thought of paying $50K for a new truck and $4500 for the 100K mile extended bumper to bumper warranty, only to have it voided by something beyond my control!

Lesson learned: If your Ford has any fuel problems, crawl under it and purge the fuel water separator! lol

2012 Stealth RG3210
2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4
2010 Ford F150 Super Crew Lariat 4x4

b1b1das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #40

OK...there are actually 3 things going on......EGR...been aroiund on diesel since early 80s on 6.2 and 6.5 GM diesels and carried on to most all others...........DFP...diesel particulate filter.......brought in in 2007...keeps soot out of exhaust with a like catalytic converter.....when system feels a bit nplugged it superheats to clean itself.............DEF combined with DPF....2011 and up.......adds urea(water and ammonia) to help clean the filters...none can be disables....latter 2 are costly to clean and repair and YES you will do both.....and we are finding oil is far more full of the particulates as now the blowby tubes are not on there and filters are on the crankcase catching all the crap that the exhaust sytem doesnt.......and the crankcase filters DOI freeze when idling in temps below 20...........also.....if using anti-gel or additives.......they are detrimental to DEF and DPF trucks.......all this after about 3 million miles on abouit 40 trucks(big ones)......systems suck and yes we are nothing but guinnea pigs for the epa.....