Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #1

DirecLink?

I am negotiating with the Forest River dealer a new 21WRS V- Lite. The unit weighs about 6,600 lbs. fully loaded (according to spec sheet). I am considering the DirecLink brake controller but don't know if it is worth the extra cost. Is anyone using a DirecLink brake controller? Would this be overkill for a smaller trailer like the 21?
Brakes are one area where i don't want to cut corners.
I appreciate any comments from anyone who has some experience with these things.
Thanks.
2015 RAM 2500 4X4, 6.4l hemi, 6sp auto, 3:73 diffs
Equalizer 10,000lb hitch with 1K bars
Swaggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #2

Ok. I didn't see the previous thread on brake controller recommendations. Looks like P2's are the controller of choice.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggler View Post
I am negotiating with the Forest River dealer a new 21WRS V- Lite. The unit weighs about 6,600 lbs. fully loaded (according to spec sheet). I am considering the DirecLink brake controller but don't know if it is worth the extra cost. Is anyone using a DirecLink brake controller? Would this be overkill for a smaller trailer like the 21?
Brakes are one area where i don't want to cut corners.
I appreciate any comments from anyone who has some experience with these things.
Thanks.
If you enter "brake controller" in the search box below the header marked "search" and check the FRF (Forest River Forum ) option then click the search button next to it , you WILL get about a MILLION (actually 14 pages) posts about brake controllers ! Jim
FarmerJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
Plug It Right

We have used the Max Brake for over 4 years and absolutely love it. It stops us like a dream. Hugs, Di
Old 02-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch & Di View Post
We have used the Max Brake for over 4 years and absolutely love it. It stops us like a dream. Hugs, Di
Thanks. I visited the website...This looks like a good solution. Did your dealer do the install, or did you install it yourself? If so, any issues or problems? I'm also curious about how well does the manual override work?
Thanks.