Old 09-01-2016, 02:31 PM   #31
I wasn't being mean.
Maybe you should not be offended so easily.
I would have said the same to my mom.
WD hitches aren't expensive and can mean the difference in a nice trip or a dissaster.

Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:47 PM   #32
Sway bars

I have a 2015 F 150 and pull a 32' travel trailer. The sway bars are very necessary even with Ford's setup. I also tow a 26' pontoon boat and I wish that hitch setup had sway bars v

Roloir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:21 PM   #33
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Take the p tires off it and put LTS on it.

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:53 PM   #34
We only tow 3100 lbs with our F-150. I am using the sway control built into the WDH we needed for our previous TV. If we didn't have it I would still install sway bars between the TT and hitch as it is cheap insurance compared to the costs of something going wrong.
2015 F150 Ecoboost
2014 Palomini 142 CK
keith_h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:04 PM   #35
I don't only recommend it I would flat out tell you get it. I have a 2015 f150 with the same system. I purchased a blue ox sway pro. Originally for a travel trailer at 5200 lbs. Then I got a 33 foot trailer that is now around 6700 lbs. My first trip out I did not have the chains tight enough and there was some cross wind that hit and the sway control kicked in in the truck. Yes it got me out of a bad situation all automatically but believe me it was scary. Now I upped the tension on the bars and it is working fantastic. So my honest opinion is stop the sway before it happens with a quality hitch.
Sicksspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:43 PM   #36
Sway bars or not

I pull a 6500 LB Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS with my F150, I have the sway bars and they are wonderful. I have pulled the camper without the sway bars a short distance and having the sway bars makes a huge difference.
ScottandJulieMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:38 PM   #37
My salesman tried to talk me out of the WD hitch and the anti-sway. He told me it wasn't necessary when towing with my Tundra. I offered to let him drive it down the Columbia River ( Interstate 84) without a sway bar. There have been times when I have loaded 100 gallons of water and filled the fuel tank just for ballast when traveling the Gorge. I try to plan for the worst conditions so when I get caught in that situation, I have the correct equipment. Too many of us plan only for the normal conditions so are totally unprepared when the brown stuff hits the fan. Interestingly enough, the person who said you don't need it, is never with you when it happens. If your goal is to get to that nights CG safely, why would you even consider saving $250? Alright, time to step off of my soapbox and let someone else have a turn.

2016 Duramax
2011 Stealth 2312
crookedread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:24 PM   #38
Send a message via AIM to terryallan
Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
I’m purchasing a 2016 Ford F-150 this week. It comes with integrated sway control. On my jeep I had the sway bars added to my hitch system. Does this mean that when I use my F-150, I don’t add the sway bars anymore?

This is what the brochure says,

“Trailer Sway Control – works in conjunction with the AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control™) system to expand the vehicles dynamic stability control capabilities, adding an additional layer of confidence and control while towing a trailer”

I’m pulling a four thousand pound camper. Rockwood HW277

You are NOT confusing spring bars with sway bars are you. I can't imagine needing more than one sway bar on such a light TT. But you will need the spring bars, both of them. A properly balanced TT with a properly setup WDH will not sway in normal driving. However, and sway control bar is a good add on AFTER you make sure you have no sway. Sway bars are NOT to prevent sway. They are only to help stop it once it is induced.
Terry and Shay
Lazy Campers
FootHills NC
terryallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:32 PM   #39
I have a Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH and the owners manual says to turn of your trucks electronic sway control when using the Blue Ox WDH. I called Blue Ox and asked why...the Blue Ox rep said if both are used at the same time, they work against each other and could cause more sway instead of less sway.
Forrest River, 2016 Wildwood
2013 F-150 STX 4X4
Blue-Ox Sway Pro WDH
modemem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:38 AM   #40
Originally Posted by terryallan View Post
You are NOT confusing spring bars with sway bars are you.
I did say sway bars; I should have said sway bar, singular. Sorry about that.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic. Wolfgang Riebe
Komodo is offline   Reply With Quote