Old 07-28-2015, 08:33 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Rail holes, nothing about the rails themselves, just holes, no slots.
Taking this and running with it I see. The mat wouldn't help level the bed floor if the rails were bolted through it. Not what I said, not what I meant. You drill holes, not cut them. I'm not an idiot. I'm done with this thread before I type something that gets me banned. Continue your fun.

2016 Nights camped 5
ferguson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:50 PM   #52

They do make fifth wheel hitches where the rails are under the bed. Remove the hitch and presto! No need rails. Would still need to cut the plastic liner, but by using a mat you could roll it up to the front when using the hitch, roll it back to cover access holes when the hitch is removed.

Kenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:10 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenz View Post
They do make fifth wheel hitches where the rails are under the bed. Remove the hitch and presto! No need rails. Would still need to cut the plastic liner, but by using a mat you could roll it up to the front when using the hitch, roll it back to cover access holes when the hitch is removed.
I looked at the under-bed mountings, but they only work with a specific few (and much more expensive) hitches, like the Reese Elite series, and generally they seem to be less readily available than the others, so went for the Reese custom install mounting kit and rails (got them from E-Trailer) and the Reese Titan hitch.

While on the subject of bed-liners tho', does anyone have any experience with the BedRug liners ?
http://www.amazon.com/Bedrug-BRQ08SB.../dp/B0046PM3WS

Of course I'd still need to cut it to fit around the rails, just like I did with the Ford plastic drop-in bed-liner, but it does seem like a nicer solution, and I'm wondering if the fact that it appears to fit specifically to the contours of the truck bed (better than the Ford liner) may mean that it stays down better even when cut.

Any thoughts/experiences ?

Tags
bed, truck