Old 05-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #91
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Not to start a war here but....

If you are going to go F250, what is the reason for not going the full monte and getting a F350? And, in fact a F350 Dually?

We are upgrading to a Cardinal and will be upgrading our truck and are looking to ya'll for advice
Well, I wanted a 350 but just couldn't find the right one that wasn't a dually, a work truck, or completely loaded. As far as the dually, that was due to my garage size. My truck fits like a glove right now and a dually would've been too wide in the rear. Plus, looking at the tow guides, a one ton SRW actually had 100 lbs LESS tow capacity! (at least in the Ford)

Jared and Krista
2016 Sandpiper 371 REBH
2011 Ford F-250 SuperCab XL 6.7L TD, Curt 20K
Jsabe07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:19 AM   #92
Mddle of the Rd Extremist
Originally Posted by Gizmojo View Post
We have a RAM 3500 Dually diesel, pulling a 38' Prime Time Sanabel fifth wheel, weighing in at about 16000 lb fully loaded. The other day I had to cross over a five lane highway without a traffic light. Traffic on the highway was moderately heavy, so I floored the truck, and was doing 30 mph by the time I crossed the road! You just gotta love the low end torque of a diesel engine!
I know the feeling - Every time I ask something of my 3500 RAM Dually, it never ceases to amaze me what kind of power it delivers.....

Dan, Carolyn & The Bandit (1999-2015 RIP...)
MCPO (Retired)
United States Navy ('65 - '87)
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote