Old 04-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Another reason to use a WDH: That tongue weight is gonna be in the neighborhood of 800 lbs. ready to camp. Many Ford receivers have a maximum of 500 lb. weight carrying capacity, but can handle around 1000 lbs. tongue weights when using a WDH.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #12

They are talking about (2) things here. WDH and S/C. My vote is you need (BOTH)! Like another Member stated,(Better have it in place BEFORE you need it)! Youroo!!

Old 04-05-2014, 07:25 PM   #13

Thanks all for the feed back.
This is as big a trailer as I plan to pull with this truck, Ford Idaho. I avoided going bigger, just to make sure

I'll go ahead and git-r-done. Will be pulling halfway across the country when we do use it, so I'll take the better safe then sorry path. The dealer has one they plan to sell me. I'll compare it to what has been mentioned here for choices.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
They are talking about (2) things here. WDH and S/C. My vote is you need (BOTH)! Like another Member stated,(Better have it in place BEFORE you need it)! Youroo!!
x2
Black
Old 04-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #15
gspage53

Send a message via Yahoo to gspage53
I have a brand new Husky WDH with only two tows on it. I had a Winnebago Sunnybrook 31 foot TT and decided that I wanted to drive my camper instead of towing it. I upgraded to a FR Georgetown 351 DS. Anyone needing this new hitch may come and get it for free. Just IM or private message me and I'll give you directions and details of the hitch. I live in North Alabama close to the Huntsville area.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #16

I would consider the equalizer or Reese dual cam sway bar the traditional friction style sway are not worth it on trailers over 22" and I fact it states you must use 2 on trailers over 26' but there are a lot of restrictions including backing.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #17

Thanks for the input CincyEd, and to you gspage53, also, for the generous offer. It's a bit of a drive up that way from here, but not to bad. Let me see what the dealer has to offer, and look over the Husky on the WWW, and see what I think. Do it on a first come first serve basis, on the hitch. If I get back with you next week, and it's gone, so be it.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #18
gspage53

Send a message via Yahoo to gspage53
Quote:
Originally Posted by katkt View Post
Thanks for the input CincyEd, and to you gspage53, also, for the generous offer. It's a bit of a drive up that way from here, but not to bad. Let me see what the dealer has to offer, and look over the Husky on the WWW, and see what I think. Do it on a first come first serve basis, on the hitch. If I get back with you next week, and it's gone, so be it.

katkt, We're currently camping in Desoto St Park in North Alabama and will be home on Tuesday. The hitch was on my 2014 Ford F150 and was pulling a 31 foot Winnebago Sunnybrook the two times we took it out. So, its brand new. The hitch is a Husky Centerline Hitch. If I knew how, I'd post the PDF file from huskytow.com. I'd rather give it to someone who needs it rather than sell it.
I'm sure we can work out something to get it to you if you want it. Have a good weekend.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspage53 View Post
katkt, We're currently camping in Desoto St Park in North Alabama and will be home on Tuesday. The hitch was on my 2014 Ford F150 and was pulling a 31 foot Winnebago Sunnybrook the two times we took it out. So, its brand new. The hitch is a Husky Centerline Hitch. If I knew how, I'd post the PDF file from huskytow.com. I'd rather give it to someone who needs it rather than sell it.
I'm sure we can work out something to get it to you if you want it. Have a good weekend.
Google is my friend, I can find something thanks again.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:36 PM   #20
Site Team

Yes. Wdh and anti sway are a must at those weights.

Sent from David's RAZR M.

Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, hitch, sway, weight