Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #1
Steve Jackson

Dodge 2500 hitch setup

Anybody out there have the 2500 with the Reese Duel Cam setup? Had it for my Tundra and was wondering if I need to adjust the drop on the hitch. It's a 12 drop and I have almost 2 holes showing. Also had 3 links hanging will this also need to be changed. My dealer wants to charge me 100 dollars to make any adjustments needed so wanted to check with the group for any advice.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #2

I also had the Dual Cam on a Tundra and moved it to a Ram 2500. Don't remember the exact set up but you can download some real good instructions and diagrams from the Reece website. Just get to a level parking lot and plan on spending a couple of hours measuring wheel wells and trailer frames and you can get it set up correctly.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:29 AM   #3
Engineer of Crazy Train

The one thing I don't like about the DC is that any change, you have to adjust everything. So, going from one TV to another, there will be a change. If you have the wrenches and time, it doesn't take long and isn't all that hard to get the cams in the center of the cup again.

Sent from my Samsung Note 8 Tablet using the FRF Android App!
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:47 AM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideout1961 View Post
Anybody out there have the 2500 with the Reese Duel Cam setup? Had it for my Tundra and was wondering if I need to adjust the drop on the hitch. It's a 12 drop and I have almost 2 holes showing. Also had 3 links hanging will this also need to be changed. My dealer wants to charge me 100 dollars to make any adjustments needed so wanted to check with the group for any advice.
In my opinion, learning how to adjust the WDH yourself is important. Dealers notoriously get it wrong any way, so you might as well save your $100 and spend a few hours with the WDH manual.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:11 AM   #5
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideout1961 View Post
Start from scratch - break out your measuring tape. You don't specify but I'll assume that you're running with the trunnion style system - the trunnion bar system is more widespread than the round bar Strait Line systems. Setup instructions for the trunnion bar systems relative to the size of your bars, can be found here:

Weight Distribution - Reese

The dual cam setup details are here:

Weight Distribution - Reese

The setup for the round bar system is the same as the trunnion bar. The difference is in the ball mount and the way in which the ball tilt is adjusted.

Yep, pain in the kazoo to be sure but I'd be wanting to verify that the system is perfectly tuned to current TV.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
500, dodge, hitch