I have a third generation Dodge Ram 1500 (2005). I would like to share my towing experience:
I own a 2014 Flagstaff 831BHDS with a weight of 8845.
My TV has:
- 4-door crew cab, 6 1/2 foot bed
- Equipped with Tow Package (OEM)
- Hemi engine
- 3.55 rear
- Monroe Sensa-Trac Rear shocks
- Monroe Magnums in the front
- Firestone Airbags (19 pounds air)
- Hellwig Sway Bar
- Mickey Thompson tires (ATZ) 60 pounds in the rear/50 in the front (when not towing 50 front 50 rear)
- Voyager Electronic Brake Control
- Equalizer 10,000 4 point sway bars
My setup runs perfectly and I drove over 150 miles with HEAVY winds/trucks and over the George Washington bridge (in NY). All I can say is, do not be afraid to run a 1/2 ton with a camper of my size.
Not once did I feel any challenges and my knuckles aren't sore!
*Keep in mind this is my third camper. I have driven TT for over 8 years.
If you have any questions, by all means reply or PM me.
Keywords: 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, Dodge, Ram, Hemi, towing, rating,