Old 11-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #11
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by fon View Post
We're purchasing our first TT, a Flagstaff 21FBRS, and I'm trying to better understand sway control before we pick up the trailer. From what I understand a Reese Dual cam or Equilizer will provide much better sway control than just a friction sway bar.

For either of these does the amount of sway control force depend on the weight of the hitch and/or amount of weight distribution that is applied? In my case, this for a relatively light TT compared to many of your TTs. Pulling it with a 2012 Grand Cherokee V8 (and factory tow package), it seem like the amount of weight distribution needed will be relatively small. But I think the potential for sway is larger (right?) due to a shorter TT and SUV even assuming I make sure the loaded tongue weight is 10-15% or the trailer weight.
The only sway controls that do not depend on the wdh is the Easy Lift style that attach to a separate ball on the side of the hitch head and on the side of the "A" frame. I always used two of the friction type Easy Lift sway controls, one on each side of the hitch head.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #12
President ProPride, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
The only sway controls that do not depend on the wdh is the Easy Lift style that attach to a separate ball on the side of the hitch head and on the side of the "A" frame. I always used two of the friction type Easy Lift sway controls, one on each side of the hitch head.

No, that is not correct. The ProPride 3P, Hensley Arrow and Pull-Rite hitches do not rely on weight distribution/tongue weight in controlling sway.

-

Old 11-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff View Post
No, that is not correct. The ProPride 3P, Hensley Arrow and Pull-Rite hitches do not rely on weight distribution/tongue weight in controlling sway.

-
I was refering to strictly sway controls and should have said they can be used on any tongue trailer without a special hitch, even utility trailers.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
President ProPride, Inc.

Quote:
I was refering to strictly sway controls and should have said they can be used on any tongue trailer without a special hitch, even utility trailers.

10-4

-
Old 11-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #15

Quote:
I'm glad they work for you. I used one when I pulled my popup with a Ford Ranger using a WDH. It worked very well.
After using the Dual Cam, I see the friction bars as nothing more than a pain in the butt.

Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sway control