Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2019, 07:15 PM   #41

If you load any additional equipment in the back of the truck, it will bring it down some.
Elkmontb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:06 PM   #42

Does this look right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Shockley View Post
You are NOT going to believe this...

The F150 was just TOWED to the nearest Ford dealer - because the brakes failed. Thankfully, they did not fail while driving and pulling a trailer, but went to the floor when husband put his foot on the brake to put it in drive at lunch-time.

So, yeah!

Always, always, always - buy the extended warranty on a used vehicle. I certainly do and this time - 3 days into ownership - I'm really freaking glad!

Wow.

Actually, it’s on the dealer that sold it to you. Extended warranty doesn’t kick in until 30 days and/or they have received the first three payments.as long as it gets fixed and not a dime out of you

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:12 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDAMAN174 View Post
Actually, it’s on the dealer that sold it to you. Extended warranty doesn’t kick in until 30 days and/or they have received the first three payments.as long as it gets fixed and not a dime out of you
Yeah....I was absolutely NOT aware of this. I missed it in my reading of the paperwork and......I'm a lawyer. Horribly embarrassing to have not known this tidbit.

Legally speaking (at least in my state, to the best of my knowledge, this is NOT my area of expertise), it was not on the dealer either as we bought "as-is" which means the wheels could have literally fallen off after we drove off the lot and it would have been on us. BUT, we bought from a dealer that basically owns the entire new/used car market in that town (and one in ours) and they do have a good reputation.

At first they were hesitant, but once it got up the ladder to the sales manager he was very cooperative, had it towed to his dealership, paid for the tow to the local dealer and then 30 more miles to his, fixed it free, gave us a loaner, etc., etc.

There is actually a class-action lawsuit currently pending against Ford for using defective master cylinders on the F150 from 2015-2018. They recalled the 13 and 14's for the problem, but kept using the same damn part! And obviously, giving the sheer number of F150's on the road and the number that have had the master cylinder blow, it's probably been cheaper for the company to fix them on a one at a time basis than do more recalls. Still, they're fools to ever sell a used F150 without thoroughly checking that part. Which is probably why they were so accommodating.

But, the important thing is, it's fixed, cost us only some inconvenience, and now it's a matter of finding a weekend we can go USE our trailer!
Mrs.Shockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:23 AM   #44

Stairs should be down, awning out grill going cold beer in hand. Sitting in the lawn chair copulating if
You should get up to flip the steak now or give it the whole 3 minutes per side.
Your welcome.
Jomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:34 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomo View Post
Stairs should be down, awning out grill going cold beer in hand. Sitting in the lawn chair copulating if
You should get up to flip the steak now or give it the whole 3 minutes per side.
Your welcome.
Um...copulating?

They might kick us out of the campground.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:53 AM   #46

Perhaps he meant "cogitating" and spell check/auto correct had a dirty mind. [emoji57][emoji57]
Quote:
Um...copulating?

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:09 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Perhaps he meant "cogitating" and spell check/auto correct had a dirty mind. [emoji57][emoji57]
If not, I have to wonder what types of campgrounds Jomo frequents!
Old 08-08-2019, 02:23 PM   #48

Quote:
Um...copulating?

ROFL! I was wondering the same thing! I mean I've never seen it in the campground rules but I still bet I would be involved in a situation that would require the services of one of your peers!
Old 08-08-2019, 02:47 PM   #49

Copulating in a lawnchair under the awning with the grill going and a beer in one hand. Man thats the life, kinda suck to have to get up to flip the burgers though..Must have a really long Spatula..
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote