Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post

There should have been no need to remove the speed limiter as max HP and torque readings are created at around 3200rpm.
I dont know much about the 3.5 except it is rated at 365hp@5000rpm and i think the trans 1to1 gearing is prob in 4th so 3200 is way low to get max HP like you say

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
Why would you want to dyno your truck???????

Sounds like a mixture of operator error and downright failure to grasp common sense.

Jack
for one it was not my truck, but I have been on the dyno rollers many times
, maybe some of us like performance vehicles and want to see what they are capable of. the many times that I have been to a dyno event and watched hundreds of spins it is kind of hard for the operator to brake a vehicle, most engines break all by them selfs when weak parts are installed

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #22
Wanna Be Camper

WOW,

1 EB has a broken crank and the whole series is junk??? Like no GM product ever had issues with broken part. Funny how people only see what they want.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
WOW, 1 EB has a broken crank and the whole series is junk??? Like no GM product ever had issues with broken part. Funny how people only see what they want.
Who said the EB was a junk. The only negative was a joke. A little sensitive. This sounds like a user error or a problem with a part. I would think Ford would want to see the crank.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #24
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
WOW,

1 EB has a broken crank and the whole series is junk??? Like no GM product ever had issues with broken part. Funny how people only see what they want.
Exactly! And f250s are junk too. My buddy ran over a pipe and it went right thru the floor,..... junk im telling you, utter junk I never ran over a pipe in my chevy or dynod it either!

Im just joking guys. For real though I did just fix my buddys f250 that had a pipe go through the floor of his truck about 3" behind drivers seat. God was smiling on him that day as the pipe was head rest level when he got stopped! That's livin right for sure!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131116_210758.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	42712   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131116_210841.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	42713  
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #25
phat phrog stunt crew

that bud light can .... is that about the proper gauge metal for new trucks whether they be from japan or the us of a? or maybe you had to weld it in and then grind it flush to get rid of the thickness.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #26
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
that bud light can .... is that about the proper gauge metal for new trucks whether they be from japan or the us of a? or maybe you had to weld it in and then grind it flush to get rid of the thickness.
I thought that was what ford recomended when working on thier vehicles, that way you cant remember ever working on them- helps dull the pain;D
Sorry just gotta stir the pot a little!!!

Btw for the sensitive types- I'M JUST KIDDING AROUND!!!

Edit -- D, yeah its something like that, I just used duck tape- bout the same mil thickness!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #27
phat phrog stunt crew

not to worry millertime .. no harm no foul. i wont tell anybody i have a rattle in my 08 chebby dash that the dealer cant find. annoying yes, but i just crank up the sirrius radio on either deep tracks or bb kings bluesville. no more rattle.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #28
Oklahoma Proud

I hate rattles, sqeeks and wind noise. They are impossible to find or solve sometimes.
Sorry op, im done hijackin'
Old 11-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
not to worry millertime .. no harm no foul. i wont tell anybody i have a rattle in my 08 chebby dash that the dealer cant find. annoying yes, but i just crank up the sirrius radio on either deep tracks or bb kings bluesville. no more rattle.
Don't worry about it dwaynerz, when you get to be my age you'll discover the fix for those squeaks and rattles is simple...don't wear your hearing aid when driving.

@jevanb: Be sure to let us know what the dealer does, or doesn't do, for your friend.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Don't worry about it dwaynerz, when you get to be my age you'll discover the fix for those squeaks and rattles is simple...don't wear your hearing aid when driving.
That helps with your marriage too!
tanddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #31
Incheon, S. Korea

I can't wait to hear what happens. I bet it falls under the "extreme use" exception or some other term...
There are a lot of videos of Ecoboost engines being put on a dyno.
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #32

update, dealer replaced engine free of charge, the #4 bearing spun, this dealer has replaced 3 other engines for this very same problem, but on another note his truck made 290HP before it went south, and the dyno shop made 610HP on a stock motor echo, but it had larger injectors, larger turbos and water meth injection, not bad for a 6 cylinder with factory motor internals

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
Old 12-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #33

Wow, 4 EcoBoost engine replacements at just one dealership already? That would make me think twice about buying a vehicle with that engine. Numbers may be impressive but it seems weak in dependability. That’s my opinion of course.

I’m glad your friend didn’t have to pay for a new engine.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Wow, 4 EcoBoost engine replacements at just one dealership already? That would make me think twice about buying a vehicle with that engine. Numbers may be impressive but it seems weak in dependability. That’s my opinion of course.

I’m glad your friend didn’t have to pay for a new engine.
the thought is the bearing tolerance is too small at that position, the engineers scooped the engines and off they went to find out, prob just a few engines are affected not all of them

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
Old 12-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #35

Just saw this thread...Ford did a Dyno test (actually used the dyno to put 100,000 MI on the EcoBoost motor before putting the motor to other tests) PLUS there are a slew of videos showing EcoBoost dyno tests....
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #36
phat phrog stunt crew

I wonder what the power potential is for this engine. I'm glad somebody is willing to use their truck to find out. Happy for the guy that ford is stepping up to replace.